Pizotifen = Compulsive eating?

Sarah 25mg has been so successful so far I was able to walk 100 steps with my eyes closed this morning. Prior to taking topiramate I couldn’t actually walk even two!!! I hope my ears hold up because I really don’t want to go backwards.

1 Like

I am really glad to hear you have experienced such a big improvement. If Topiramate didn’t help people then I am sure it wouldn’t be used so much, I guess it comes down to what side effects people are prepared to live with and whether the benefits outweigh them. If the latter is true for you then that’s great and I hope it continues.

Thank you Sara and once again good luck with your 3 appointments. I hope they are helpful and you feel better soon.

Can I ask you a question please re: your experience of Topiramate?

I need to take something preventative, as I cannot keep going like this, it is affecting me at work. I do have appointments coming up but it is affecting me at work now. So I have started today with 10mg of Propranolol and 6.25mg of Topiramate. Both really low doses. My ear felt blocked again (and I felt strange) but this has eased off now, about 3 or 4 hours later. Is this what you say you have every day after your 25mg dose? What I want to know is do you still have it? And if so, has it got better/worse?

I know I had serious problems with it before, but it did help, which is why I am trying it again but really low and with something else.

I don’t like the way I felt today but I wanted to do something. Thanks.

Hello Sara. With the topiramate which I take in two split doses, 12.5mg am and 12.5mg pm, I get the fullness in my bad ear about half an hour after taking it and it wears off very quickly now, after about an hour I think. I try to ignore it but I think that is about right. When I first started it I used to get the giggles too. Nothing I couldn’t control but I would inwardly easily see the funny side of things. I think I was just super relieved to feel better. I was a bit tired for a couple of days but nothing that stopped me doing anything. I hope it helps you too, it really has helped me and I started off on only 12.5mg and it made a good difference.

Thanks for that. I will keep an open mind about it this week and see what happens. My mistake with Topiramate before was upping the dose too quickly (and probably unnecessarily). Maybe a very small dose of two different meds instead will help me. Topiramate obviously agrees with you.

Ha ha. It never had that effect on me.

Maybe it will with the combination!!! Not a bad reaction to have though😁