Pizotifen takes charge!

but does dr. s. ever think it is ok to start living a normal life again? if u find a med that works are u supposed to sit in your house for the rest of your life so that you dont cause chemical changes??? what is the point of treatment then??? or is he saying you need to be ā€œstableā€ on a med for a certain period of time before you can start ā€œlivingā€ again?

Sarah - of course itā€™s ok to live a normal life - youā€™ve misunderstood. What the doctors are saying, is that recovery has to be slow and steady. itā€™s the same as with a broken leg. If you feel a bit better and go dancing all night, youā€™ll do yourself damage. You have to slowly build up the strength for a year or so to have a proper recovery. If meds start to work, donā€™t go out and eat lemons and go on a rollercoaster etc, thatā€™s all they mean. Hope that helps :smiley:

Hi Lizzy, still having the least side effects however the past 5 days iā€™ve been very bothered by vertigo again and my vision has gone very bouncy and moves around again. I think i am in an actual migraine aura at the moment, probably triggered by a build up of the meds but they were so great when i first started iā€™m sure this will wear off. My physio suggested that itā€™s because the dose isnā€™t high enough yet - and as iā€™m only on 0.5mg i have to agree.
Have been v hungry and tired but apart from that everything seems ok - just need to get over this readjustment period between coming off prop and going on piz and i should be away! I have faith this is the med for me!

Hi - Been on Pizotifen for 3 weeks - made dizziness and unsteadiness worse, took away my aching legs but the worse thing is the extreme fatigue and tiredness (was already bad enough before this). Saw the doctor and about to stop, have a week or two off Pizotifen before trying another drug.

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark if i can advise you, i would stick it out! I went through extreme tiredness, but then came out the other side and felt fine. I have just upped my dose to 1mg and so far am feeling ok. I definitely feel less sensitive to things on pizotifen, iā€™m not there yet but this is the best drug so far.

3 weeks really isnā€™t long enough to trial a drug - try and stick it out for a month - 6 weeks atleast at each dose x

1 Like