Question about allergy testing

Can allergy testing indicate if you are allergic or sensitive to gluten, dairy…? Im thinking it couldnt be that simple but wanted to ask.

The best way to test for dairy/gluten allergy, or even intolerance, it an elimination diet. Try to avoid all of it for 2 weeks and see how you feel. There is a blood test for gluten, but it’s not always accurate. A naturalpath/physician can order
the test for you.
:slight_smile:
Kelley

Allergy testing can show if you are allergic to something but it will not show if you have an intolerance…

Allergiesandcures is usually done by testing the skin or the blood for the presence of a reaction to an allergen. There are three principal types of allergy testing used in modern medicine: skin testing, elimination testing, and radioallergosorbent testing (RAST). Different allergens bother different people, so your allergies will determine which test is the best for you. Testing done by an allergist is generally safe and effective for adults and children of all ages.

The only difference would be if you needed to get the blood test done to rule out Celiac Disease, a severe intolerance to wheat/gluten which damages the inside of the intestine.
Gail

— Begin quote from “rockyksmom”

The best way to test for dairy/gluten allergy, or even intolerance, it an elimination diet. Try to avoid all of it for 2 weeks and see how you feel.
Kelley

— End quote

I agree. Allergies are not the same as intolerances. One can have an intolerance that will not show up with an allergy test, and, allergy tests can often either miss an allergy or show an allergy response erroneously. The most certain thing to do is elimination experimentation.
Keep a daily chart. Note symptoms, intensity of symptoms, and everything you eat and times of day. Eliminate what you question. Two weeks is absolute minimum, a month is the best. Patterns can often be seen with charting to help identify the culprits. Keep in mind responses can come from inhaled offenders (fragrances, chemicals, dust, smoke, animal dander, mold, etc).

Also note fillers and ingredients added to medications and supplements. Sometimes those can be big offenders.
Gail

I found this site while I was gluten free for a year.

sites.google.com/site/jccglutenfree/

jen