Question about MAV food triggers

— Begin quote from “bcrelief”

Just to clarify, those of you who have “triggers” - what exactly happens when you eat some thing that triggers you? Do you 1. get a migraine headache (or just a headache), 2. feel more dizzy or off balance, 3. feel more fatigued, 4. feel out of it or surreal, 5. or other symptoms? Please note here any or all of your symptoms. I am trying to gauge and compare what people mean and experience when they say they have MAV or migraine “triggers”. Thanks.

— End quote

I personally haven’t found any food triggers that actually cause headaches. 90% of the triggers that I have been able to identify put me into a dizzyspell (feelling like I did 24/7 before the meds) within a half hour, usually less than 15 minutes. The other triggers just worsen symptoms over time, and which symptom is agrevated is determined by the food. Nuts will agrevate my balance, splenda will mess with my hearing, and so on.

Brian

How about peanut butter can any of you eat it without problems, I am trying to find something with some protein and calories so I can gain weight and that looks like a good option but I know nuts are triggers for many . I have not eaten it since being on the migraine diet since last October.

Timeless, someone gave me a tip once to put on weight - that is to add (a little) olive oil to your food when you can. Ie use olive oil in salad dressings or over meat or some carbs - it adds easy calories and can add moisture to dry foods - it may not appeal but give it a try.

I have been eating peanut butter recently, and I’ve not noticed an effect, but I have been dizzy anyway - I’ve not noticed any worsening of symptoms after eating peanut butter. Hope that helps - you’ll know anyway to just try a little on the first day, try a little more on the second etc, just don’t start eating loads of it! I’ve been trying to think of other foods- if I think of anything else I’ll let you know - cream contains protein and calories :wink:
Kind regards
Tess

— Begin quote from “Tesss”

Timeless, someone gave me a tip once to put on weight - that is to add (a little) olive oil to your food when you can. Ie use olive oil in salad dressings or over meat or some carbs - it adds easy calories and can add moisture to dry foods - it may not appeal but give it a try.

I have been eating peanut butter recently, and I’ve not noticed an effect, but I have been dizzy anyway - I’ve not noticed any worsening of symptoms after eating peanut butter. Hope that helps - you’ll know anyway to just try a little on the first day, try a little more on the second etc, just don’t start eating loads of it! I’ve been trying to think of other foods- if I think of anything else I’ll let you know - cream contains protein and calories :wink:
Kind regards
Tess

— End quote

Thank you so much Tess, I have got to add some weight …my husband said I just went overboard with the diet. He is worrying really bad about my weight.