Quiet Rooms in public places

My brother sent me this pic today…

He captioned it - anything you need to help you cope!! Everyone is rooting for you! :blush::two_hearts:

How sweet of him! That quiet room would be so handy with this MAV!

3 Likes

I would love to see more broom closets become quiet rooms!!

2 Likes

:+1:t3::+1:t3: this was in a shopping centre - apparently they cater for us MAVers? Need a word about the lighting next… then ear plugs :rofl:

I could go on…

2 Likes

It looks like a good place to nurse a baby (likely its actual purpose), calm a toddler, whatever. I’d be in line to use it.

2 Likes

I like how the shower and toilet are so close nit! Perfect for a nasty MAV day! :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Is that what that symbol is? I was wondering. I’ve had MAV days where a toilet emergency turned into a shower requirement. Too bad I was in the car, 20 miles from the house. That was a fun drive home. MAV is never boring

1 Like

Yes, it’s a shower head! Who are these people expecting?! :flushed::flushed:

Oh no!!! Poor you!! :confounded:
Come to England - we’ve got it covered :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, MAV and IBS like to tag team the humiliation. What doesn’t kill you makes you steam clean your driver’s seat. :slight_smile: It needed it anyway. I treat my truck like a truck and tend to like to get in it after working outside or after adventuring.

2 Likes

I like you… :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I like you, too!

1 Like

Perfect. If I’m away from home and an attack is coming on, the first things I do are visit the loo and then look for somewhere to sit quietly.

Other good news:

There is now an Australian supermarket that has one shopping hour per week when they minimise lighting and turn off the muzak, so that people who have trouble with too much stimulus can shop. I wish it was more often, but a good start!

4 Likes

@MNEK18, what a sweet thing that your brother thought of you!
@Heliotrope, amazing that a supermarket is doing this! Hoorah for them and those who are sensitive like us!
@flutters,… let’s load up and go visit our UK friends! Oh wait, lets see, we are dizzy flying and controlling our BMs… maybe that’s not a good idea. :joy:

OMG! That’s so awesome!!

1 Like

Let’s do it anyway!! I’ve already proven I like to live dangerously. And I know from regular exposure that mortification only sounds like it will kill you - it won’t. :flushed: Plus, I have a lot of good meds. Why experience a flight when you can wake up groggy far away from home? :drooling_face::airplane::sleeping:

2 Likes

@Naejohn

Do it… I have a spare room you can use!!
3 MAVers in 1 house!! :rofl::rofl: can you imagine!
:blush::star_struck::woman_shrugging::dancer::two_hearts:

When I fall, I fall to the right. Vigs (@getbetter) says he falls to the left. If we all get together, we’ll have to walk in staggered (and/or staggering) lines so we don’t bump heads!

2 Likes

Well, I feel asif I am pulled forwards :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We would look drunk and high all at the same time!! :star_struck::star_struck::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

1 Like