Seasonal Symptoms

Does anyone else notice a seasonal cycle to their symptoms? Seems like mine start to get worse around the end of August each year and peak in October. Then things start to very gradually improve throughout the Winter and Spring and by early Summer I’m nearly symptom free. Then around the end of August things start to deteriorate again. I’ve been tested for allergies, found to be strongly sensitive to molds and household dust and I’m taking allergy shots. Unfortunately, I’m still getting dizzy so I don’t know if allergy is really a factor or not. Anyone with similar experiences out there?

Chaz

For me, things start to get worse in the fall, peaking in mid winter. Usually by late spring the frequency and severity of my dizzyspells has gone down to the level that I don’t need to spend time laying still on the couch for several hours.

Brian,
Hmmm…that’s interestingly similar to what happens to me. Have you every had allergy testing and/or treatment done? I originally discounted allergies as a factor in this 'cus my symptoms don’t get worse in the Spring, but the nurse at my allergist’s office pointed out that many of the things that I’m most sensitive to are at their worst in the Fall. Unfortunately, there is no “quick fix” to the allergy thing - they tell me to give the allergy shots a couple of years to work.

Chaz

Chaz,

I have seen a similar pattern with my symptoms. Even before my migraine diagnosis after the start of my 24/7 symptoms with my crash last October, I would have spells of vertigo that would last anywhere from a few days to a month. This has been going on for 6-7 years and the spells were most common in August and November with occasional bouts at other times during the year. I suspect the August bouts were triggered by allergies and the November bouts by drastic weather changes in the Northwest at that time of year.

Marci

One of my triggers is the seasons. not so much temp or pollen change. But when the air pressure has drastic changes with storms. wheather it be rain or snow storms. and that kind of sucks. I love to watch it snow. and i’m usually so dizzy I don’t enjoy it as much. Oh and when we have high winds that sets me off too.

Chaz, way back years ago, I used to have remissions, I called them, during winter.
summer would come and BANG! back again, the heat drives my symptoms wild,
where I live its very hot and humid during summer.
I dont have remissions anymore. :frowning:
jen

My symptoms get worst in fall and winter and I am better in the spring and summer as well. I live in NYC. My doctor said something about the barometric pressure during ther seasonal change. I am sure allergies can affect this as well.

Howie

I like to discount allergies since I peak in winter when there is no pollen or other common allergens flaoting around the air. I also start up as those same allergens are dissapating from the air, and go down with at the same time the allergens are beggining to repopulate the air. I can actually tie the nastier of the dizzyspells I get into severe weather changes in the winter. On the days that the high will go from +50F to +10F I am left like the Scarecrow from “The Wizard of OZ” for a day or two. :x

I have a hard time believing that it is allergy related when the worst of my spells are when the ground is under 3 feet of snow. 8)

— Begin quote from “Chaz”

Brian,
Hmmm…that’s interestingly similar to what happens to me. Have you every had allergy testing and/or treatment done? I originally discounted allergies as a factor in this 'cus my symptoms don’t get worse in the Spring, but the nurse at my allergist’s office pointed out that many of the things that I’m most sensitive to are at their worst in the Fall. Unfortunately, there is no “quick fix” to the allergy thing - they tell me to give the allergy shots a couple of years to work.

Chaz

— End quote

I’m not sure about all the seasonal stuff, but the last two days have not been as good. I was wondering if it was because a high pressure was moving out and a low pressure was moving in with a cold front. I’ll let you know if everything stabilizies after the front moves through. BTY my MAV stared acting up again in mid Aug. Still going like the energizer bunny.

I haven’t been on this forum in a while, but when I saw this topic today I couldn’t believe it. My symptoms are so bad right now and this is exactly when they were bad last year. It was a year ago next week that I called and asked my dr for a MRI of my brain because I was so convinced that something had to be growing on it. I live in Nashville which is the 6th most likely place to have migraines in the US (lucky me) and I started feeling really bad again about 5 weeks ago. Ragweed is bad now and I think mold may be too. But it’s also so severely dry here. I don’t know what it is, but it’s affecting my sinuses and that is causing constant dizziness right now. I have tried Allegra and also Clariton and Flonase to no avail.

Last year was really bad for me through December as well.

Molly

This topic had to come up at this particular time of year. :evil:

The weather front that went through yesterday is the type that I refer to as the ones that knock me on the floor. :frowning:

Hey the front pushed through here in W Ky and it sure made a difference. I’m back to 75-80% compared to where I was when the high pressure and low pressure were colliding. Now if they would just bump up my med, or add something else to get the last 25% back. I could go back to work. :expressionless:

— Begin quote from “stop spinning”

Hey the front pushed through here in W Ky and it sure made a difference. I’m back to 75-80% compared to where I was when the high pressure and low pressure were colliding. Now if they would just bump up my med, or add something else to get the last 25% back. I could go back to work. :expressionless:

— End quote

Earl,

You sound like you might experience a weather seasonal change much like I do. Fun stuff, but at least I can have an aproximation that I might have to struggle for a day or two.

Brian

— Begin quote from “stop spinning”

— End quote

Earl,

You sound like you might experience a weather seasonal change much like I do. Fun stuff, but at least I can have an aproximation that I might have to struggle for a day or two.

Brian