Seasonal Triggers

So I looked back and even though I am overall a lot better 95% most days (Scott and I have chatted know for years) I always seem to have a setback in the Fall. I always look for different things like food, cholesterol meds, sleep, etc… I went to My Neurologist and he stated as did the Neuro-Otologist that this is a pattern for me every year like many of us. He said the allergies and barometric pressure triggers my MAV. Anybody have any reccomendations that have this trigger. They said I can try like allegra… Reason why they dont increase the medication is majority takes 4 to 6 weeks to see a benefit and they believe by Halloween I’ll start to fell better…

Howie

Hi Howie,

Sorry to hear you’re getting hit still. I’m not aware of seasonal stuff bothering me – or the weather for that matter – but maybe someone else here can relate.

S 8)

Hi Howie

Not sure about the allergy thing and tbh I’m a bit wary of allergy meds and their effect on MAV. I do get hay fever some years which can sometimes trigger a dizzy attack, and I used to think Piriton helped but then it stopped helping.

However, I totally empathise with the barometric changes thing. My brain is a living (just) barometer and can detect with frightening accuracy any impending thunder storms. It hates changes in the weather. Now I don’t think there’s a lot we can do about that one.

When I was younger I wanted to be an astronaut. I wouldn’t have lasted the first day of training. It is beyond me how there are men and women out there whose brains are so robust they can withstand extreme changes in atmospheric pressure and gravitational forces.

All the best

Dizzy Lizzy

Scott:

I seem to get this time of year every year. Dr Newman and my other Dr both said this is a pattern for me. If you remmeber last year at this time is when I had the Menieres episode. I have not changed anything else and if I look back I do complain at this time of year more…lol I guess this triggers me into a cycle…

Thanks Lizzy… I agree I think I am screwed unless I move and then I’ll find a new trigger. :smiley:

— Begin quote from “howie1”

So I looked back and even though I am overall a lot better 95% most days (Scott and I have chatted know for years) I always seem to have a setback in the Fall. I always look for different things like food, cholesterol meds, sleep, etc… I went to My Neurologist and he stated as did the Neuro-Otologist that this is a pattern for me every year like many of us. He said the allergies and barometric pressure triggers my MAV. Anybody have any reccomendations that have this trigger. They said I can try like allegra… Reason why they dont increase the medication is majority takes 4 to 6 weeks to see a benefit and they believe by Halloween I’ll start to fell better…

Howie

— End quote

well, im just glad to hear Im not the ONLY one like this. Last yr i was dizzy From Oct-to the end of march…april-sept i was SYMPTOM FREE. In fact i thought i had this thing licked. But here i am again on the roller coaster ride called MAV. How long do your symtoms last? whats the longest youve been symptom-free?

I always notice that my dizziness will tend to be worse in the colder months. I’m usually at my best during the summer, but not this year! 2011 has been a bad one for me. Also I have mono again, so that makes my symptoms much worse than what they would “normally” be.