Serotonin and dizziness

Lisa,
I think that when they say antidepressants take 4-6 weeks, it’s mostly for depression. I think for migraine it can happen more quickly. The meds that work for me all happened rather quickly when it was the right fit. WHen it was the wrong fit, things just continued to get worse and worse…
FOr me, Cymbalta, Klonopin and Phenergen are all part of my cocktail. And thank God for the cocktail as it gave me my life back.
I hope you find your elixir soon! You sure deserve a break!!
Kelley

Yeah! Thank you so much for posting that explanation. I’ve tried explaining to my friends and family how SSRI’s are supposed to be helpful but couldn’t really explain the why and how part. Now I can.

Wouldn’t it be AMAZING to watch a video on this? I was telling my husband today that I wish I could just watch something on youtube that explained to me what was going on inside my brain, vestibular system. It would be so helpful.

Elisha,

Thanks for thinking of me. Doing the same. hope you get better and better!!

Great info here - I didn’t know Periactin had antiserotonergic qualities until this thread (and then a quick look at the relevant Wikipedia entry) - I thought it was just an anti histamine. I’d been attempting self medication with Phenergan but the neuro said “That’s the wrong kind of anti histamine”. As it doesn’t have antiserotonergic properties I’m guessing that’s what he meant (why didn’t he just tell me that?).

Anyway - I’m going to be starting Periactin in the next few days after I get off the Prothiaden. Stay tuned…