Shampoo dilemma

Hi Scott

What a pain. It’s amazing what’s really in all of the products we use if you read the bottle. scary.

I am quite sensitive to smells on my head and the simple skin care range has been quite good for me.

I hope you find a solution!

Let us know how you go.

:slight_smile:

Don’t have any answers, just chiming in to say my sweetheart has eczema/scalp itch stuff and uses only the coal tar t/gel stuff. Amen on the smell. For 20+ years, now.

And David, that is what we call true love :lol:

Christine :slight_smile:

scott I’ve been following this hair regime for about 3 years now

• bicarb wash - a bit like that link although I use an old shampoo squeeze bottle and make up a less pasty mix for easier application
  • in place of conditioner I use apple cider vinegar diluted 1:4 with water as a hair rinse
  • once every 6-8 weeks I do a hair/scalp treatment with either olive oil or jojoba, wrap in clingfilm for a few hours then wash as above (best done when you’re not expecting someone at the door :lol: . Sometimes I use teatree oil or rosemary in it.

I used to suffer a lot from irritated and itchy scalp (I have eczema) but this has pretty much knocked it on the head but this regime seems pretty cheap and effective for me. No strong smells, and my hair and scalp both seem in good condition

Thanks G – interesting combo. I’m going to try the bicarb thing.

I had another go at Baby shampoo. I didn’t get the head fog/pain disaster from it and thought I had found a good alternative but this morning my forehead was freaking out again with red bumps and itchiness. Yuk.

:smiley:

I had an itchy scalp and also I am paranoid about losing hair (I have a full head but even at age 50 I hate to lose anything!)

I tried the T/Gel but it didn’t do much. Also tried Head & Shoulders to no effect. Tried the Paul Mitchell Tee Tree to no effect. Tried a bunch of stuff from Whole Foods that didn’t have any foaming agents, but they didn’t do much. Dermatologist gave me some antibacterial stuff that burned.

I finally settled Nioxin System 3 which was recommended by my barber. I’ve used it for about 18 months. It definitely creates a fuller look, a clean feel, and less hair falling out. Just seems like the best I have tried. It does have a little smell, kind of methol-ish, but has not given me headaches. Just an idea…

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=340820&catid=183838