Sleep only.

Try a heating pad for your ear pain.
Try saline nasal rinse if dust and pollen aggravate symptoms. (no chemicals, just salt water)

3 Likes

Hi An4749,
I donā€™t come on here very often but we do get alot from reading each others experiences.

I second what Turnitaround said.
MAV is a depressing condition when youā€™re going round in circles like your head is, not getting any better and with the days rolling into weeks, months and years.

You are not stupid at all and no one on here are intending to make you feel that way.
It is frustrating when you hear someone is suffering and there may or may not be some advise you can give for that person to try.

For those that can take medication, there are probably a very few that find their fix first time, others 2, 3 or 4 and over months and years.

You do need to speak with your Doctor and/or Neurologist and open up about how this is making you feel and find out what your options are.

Donā€™t ever feel alone and Naejohn, youā€™re not getting booted off lol.

All the best

2 Likes

So you were on the meds and whilst on them for 5 years you were symptom free?

Still got headaches but no vm or dizziness

I donā€™t post much so I donā€™t know your story. But I can tell you that I have been afraid of taking medicines as well. So far Iā€™ve tried five. One was terrible. Two did nothing. One is good but I want to try for more Improvement so Iā€™m trying another one and that fifth one is a little problematic but Iā€™m sticking with it for a while longer. My point is thereā€™s just as much chance that youā€™ll find one that will help you as there is that youā€™ll find one that doesnā€™t help or that has negative side effects.

I donā€™t think anyone really loves the idea of taking medication, but if youā€™re not getting better through other means then what choice is there? If you say that you barely leave your room, then how much worse can it really get? Honestly, if you try a medication and it doesnā€™t work you stop. But they might work!!!

2 Likes

Ok so excuse me if i may sound dense so ypu took meds and stayed on themnfor 5 yrs. No dizziness or vertigo? Did you maintain the diet or do a diet in that time amd then when you came off them a yr later it came back?

I know Iā€™m so crazy and i dont leave my room from the fear of what of . Ive been worse and can function 85% during thr day but the night is horrendous. I fear sleep and always think and pray i hope tonight it doesnt happen. So far since feb one a week at least sometimes more . Ugh im defeated.

Yep no dizziness or vertigo while on the meds. I also ate whatever I wanted , didnā€™t follow any diet. Was over confident and stopped meds, even had one good year off meds, and now dizziness back with vengeance

1 Like

See thats what i fear its all just suppressants and boom years later. I dont want a life on meds ;( im so afraid

Also what meds

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with ā€œa life on meds.ā€ They are necessary for many chronic conditions. Someone who has high blood pressure, for example, may need to take medication to lower it. They most likely would be taking it for the rest of their life. Same with diabetes, high cholesterol, and many other conditions.

6 Likes

How true. How true. Iā€™ve never found any room in my life for ā€˜idealismā€™ and that was pre-MAV! Thereā€™s no point in ā€˜What Ifā€™, ā€˜That shouldnā€™t have happened to meā€™, ā€˜If onlyā€™, and ā€˜Iā€™d rather be Mary Jones than me because sheā€™s ā€¦ healthier, richer, clevererā€™ etc. Thereā€™s the old saying ā€˜If wishes were horses, beggars would rideā€™ but they arenā€™t so it wonā€™t happen. All the ā€˜wishingā€™ is a total waste of time and effort. From my understanding the odds against ever having been born are extremely high and when we are, we are each unique. We are What We Are, and we have to deal with Where We Are Now. Anything else just causes a total lack of contentment. Helen

4 Likes

Wise words from Helen, the Hellenic Stoic :slight_smile: .
D

1 Like