Slight faint feeling, and hearing impairment

Has anyone ever noticed a slight faint feeling more times than not from a sitting position to a standing one? With this fainting feeling I get a temporary hearing impairment just like if I had put my hands over my ears. Then once the faint feeling is gone the hearing is okay too. Usally last about 10-15 seconds. I’m on 25 mg a night of Amitriptyline but I’ve have notice this symptom before the meds, more so when bending over. Could this be MAV related?

Hi Skip

Sounds like postural hypotension. You can read about it here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postural_hypotension

It’s a very common thing - also interesting to note “It can be a side effect of certain anti-depressants, such as tricyclics.”
Amitryptiline is a tricyclic.

Adam

Hi Adam, Does 25 mg of Amitriptylin seem enough to see big improvements?

Possibly… even 10mg is enough to see improvements. That differs from person to person.

If you aren’t getting any relief from it despite increasing doses, there are many other safe effective treatments that you can try. Your neuro is guiding you through this aren’t they?

Have they tried you on verapamil?

No, just my PCP he’s trying something. I’m seeing a new Neuro Nov.22. I’m hoping to get an offical diagnosis. I have not tried verapmil. This is the first drug I’ve tried. I have seen a great improvement in brain clarity and not as anxious, however, the dizziness/imbalance feeling is still there in the background.