Someone slap me back into line please! :/

I woke up this morning feeling quite dreadful, and dreadful in a rather different way than usual for me. For a while I didn’t imagine I’d be getting up today at all but after a cuppa and taking my Propranolol pills I lay back in bed waiting for them to kick in which they did some thirty minutes later removing a lot of the rear head pressure I got up. Thanking whoever invented the beta blocker I got up trying to think what may have caused this blip. Only thing I can come up with is the fact I went outside late last night in the pitch black, no street lights in open countryside where we live, looking for the dog when she didn’t respond to my call. I know since chronic MAV I’m no good in the dark. Why I didn’t switch the outside lights on I don’t know. Didn’t think it was that dark I suppose. Dog and I came back indoors quickly, the dog quicker than me. It didn’t make me dizzy and I didn’t fall or even feel I might but perhaps that’s what did it for me. I do think the Propranolol struggles to control my symptoms and I should Add In so I started looking around and as before never ceased to be amazed at the wealth of archive material on this site. Hence I bumped up another old thread which with such an obscure title the wealth contained therein could easily be missed.

Six years on, nothing’s changed. This neuro’s write up is virtually identical to one I was given:

@dokfnivr’s” post I found particularly interesting. And relevant to @mav’s recent neuro experience and @jojo65’s comments thereon. Still leaves me looking (cannot have Ami and won’t try anticonvulsants on principle), but interesting all the same. Helen

1 Like

Hi Helen

Im EXACTLY the same in the dark…it makes me feel so " lost". My other half has to get up and put a light on during the winter months before i can go to loo etc…
Any way you maybe can give Venlafaxine a go? Just a low dose? X
Jo❤

1 Like

Haha. What a perfect illustration of medical dogma this Topic is. “Slap me back into line”. Quite, don’t you dare disagree with the establishment on what might be going wrong with your health.

1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 13 days.

Make the establishment know you are disagreeing with them.

1 Like

I’m sure we have all been there, this illness is so relentless and frightening it really screws with your head. MAV started for me after a neck injury so I was terrified I’d had a stroke, had a CSF leak, or something else important was broken inside my neck. My GP thought I had MS. My advice is if you are worried get everything checked out, get copies of your MRI and test results so you can read them again when you feel anxious. As much as taking a medication is scary and unpredictable my MAV would not have improved without taking Amitriptyline, anyone who is suffering deserves to give themselves a chance of recovery. My progress has been slow, frustrating and not linear and every day I feel different sometimes better, sometimes worse, but the medication has helped so much.

4 Likes

Jess, you’re an inspiration :sparkling_heart: Good job toughing out the rough days knowing there are better days ahead! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You are an inspiration to me Renee! :laughing: