Something to laugh at

Hello all,

just tried to post a reply, but I realized I’ still to medicated to make much sense, so if I seem a little out of it, I am.

I had surgery done on my ankle last week, (long story I’ll go into later) and you should see me on crutches. :lol: You know how the balance system is made up of the inner ears, the eyes and the muscles tension throughout the body, and what we see? Most of us on this forum have problems with the inne ear sending faulty info to the brain; hence the rocking and swaying, and bad balance. over time, we adjsut and learn to use our other senses better over time, well remove one of those other senses and you are left with not much.

Any way, this isn’t the first time I have had work done on my ankle, and I spent several months on crutches twice over a year and a half time. Yeah, I know, I broke my ankle real good. Personally, just another example of bad balance over most of my life. Anyway, I spet enough time on crutches then that I actually learned how to play hacky-sack on chrutches. Now, I don’t do anywhere as good as I did then. I still move around better than most people do on crutches, my mother had to run to keep up with me when she took me to the doctor’s office, but I have had a few mishaps. I finally decided to call it quits when I took out my wife’s computer and desk the other day, I decided to call it quits on most of goofing around I was doing and now I just lay on the couch watching TV. It’s what I should have been doing anyway.

Oh, well it’s gettig hard to type. OK, it’s been tough typing all along but oh well for now.
Brian

Brian -

Good to hear from you again. We missed you and wondered where you have been. Sorry to hear about the surgery, but it sounds like you are on the mend. (Sounds like you are still on a bit of pain meds, yes? :lol: )

Its a bit funny, but when I stumble on something and end up grabbing the wall (or something) lately I’ve been thinking of you!! Please don’t take that wrong - its comforting to know I’m not the only tripping on my own feet and bouncing off the walls.
Glad you are back!!!

Kim

Brian, I was wondering where you’d gotten yourself to. And now we find out you poor thing, you’ve had surgery on your ankle! You were saying in a previous post that you were unable to help much physically during the floods because of your ankle, and now we can all understand why. Well, whatever you’re on, I’d like some of it too! I imagine there must be a fair amount of pain involved so the old pain-killers are the way to go. Now that you’ve practically caused a tsunami in your home with the crutches, I think it’s best to stay, sedated, ON THE LOUNGE! :shock:
take care and wishing you a speedy recovery
Judy

Quick recovery wishes from me, too :smiley:

Brian…good to see you on the forum again. Sorry about the broken ankle. Glad the surgery appears to have gone well. Even before this dizzy mess began i have always been sort of uncoordinated and i remember (many years ago) like once a month where i would notice myself just being off a little (and clumsy) when i was taking on some small task…even trying to wash a few dishes. Last for a day and go away till the next month or two. Don’t quite understand what it was??

Joe

— Begin quote from “Brian B”

you should see me on crutches. :lol: Brian

— End quote

You shouldn’t have said that Brian, you just walked right into it - i’m sure you aren’t so out of it that you’ve missed the fact that we have a PICTURES thread. WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU ON CRUTCHES ! :slight_smile:

Brian you do sound loopy :slight_smile:

i hope the weather is great where you are and i hope the pain pills feel great - enjoy the day.

Julie

— Begin quote from “Julie”

— Begin quote from “Brian B”

you should see me on crutches. :lol: Brian

— End quote

You shouldn’t have said that Brian, you just walked right into it - i’m sure you aren’t so out of it that you’ve missed the fact that we have a PICTURES thread. WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU ON CRUTCHES ! :slight_smile:

Brian you do sound loopy :slight_smile:

i hope the weather is great where you are and i hope the pain pills feel great - enjoy the day.

Julie

— End quote

Nice idea, Ill have to dig out the digital camera and have one of my sons take a couple of pictures.

— Begin quote from “AZdizzy”

its comforting to know I’m not the only tripping on my own feet and bouncing off the walls.

Kim

— End quote

You know, this gets me to thinking of somebody’s post a while back where this person said that there doc called them a clutz as part of the test and if the person agreed or argued against would help the doctor with his diagnoses. Well, I have been a clutz all my life, and I should have never been doing physical labor to begin with. The fall I took 18 years ago should have knocked some sense in me and helped me find a desk job but I continued with for several more years before deciding to go back to school.

Well, I’m back in school now, one class a semester, I call it the 10 year plan. My current job is 90% desk and in about another year or two I should be close enogh in my degree to move to a 100% desk position within the company I work for.

I’m still working on those pics.
Brian