Sometimes shaking things up can be good!

Hi everyone, and hello new people.

Sorry I’ve been AWOL the last few months but my time in the UK was manic and I just couldn’t keep up with the forum. However I wanted to give you a quick update on what things were like for me in the past 10 weeks, because I’ve really surprised myself. I was really worried about the flying and the jetlag, but with the help of Mr valium (2mg only) sailed through the flights with no more than the usual effects of the sleep deprivation on the flight (ie being tired and grumpy :lol: ).

Then for 10 weeks I’ve had a completely broken routine - working long hours, lots of computer time, travelling, broken sleep (strange beds, noisy city etc), irregular exercise, noisy offices, living in a house that was a building site, migraine diet out the window (although no red wine or caffeine)… (oh France, how I LOOOOVE your cheese :smiley: )

The most surprising thing? I’ve been fine - sure I have had one or two days of feeling a bit crap - but I was never non-functional like the early days, and I only took about 3 mg of valium across the whole 10 weeks. To me that’s pretty close to normal life - or at least normal I can live with! A year ago I would not have even contemplated this kind of exercise. I wouldn’t even make plans for the following day or days because I had no confidence in how I would manage or how I would be. But meds, and some routine and exercise have I feel kinda allowed me to have this break from routine and exercise without going off the rails (of course I kept taking the meds!)

What’s more - I got back yesterday after 35 hours of travelling, 3 flights, and about 6 hours of (broken) sleep on the plane. Went to bed at 8pm (after 2 glasses of bubbles - hubby had missed me after being apart for 6 weeks LOL) , woke up at 4:30 am and got up at 5:30 and have been up since.You know what - I feel OK. Tired, yes, but I’m no more MAVy than usual, and my brain feels pretty clear.

I really have a renewed confidence after this trip that I can do and cope with more than I thought. So it’s kind of a mini-success story I guess :smiley: . Although I’m not going to go crazy - it’s back to the gym and back into a routine from next week !

So if you’re currently stuck in MAV hell, do take heart that it really can get better :smiley:

Yea, that’s great news. I often notice a break in my regular routine does make me less symptomatic. If I go on vacation, I feel alright. Sometimes I wonder if there’s any possibility that there may be something in the air in my home that I can’t smell that’s causing the MAV. Probably not. I think that might be a bit of a stretch. It must be just the change in routine. Glad to hear that you’re doing alright right now.

Greg

I have heard a lot of people say that they feel better after flying for a few days. I have had that experience. Maybe the air pressure change causes the false signals to be suppressed for a while.

Seriously - my month in Abu Dhabi I was 90% every day - back in the UK - 60% and having to fight it.

Moral of the story is - I NEED TO GO TRAVELLING AGAIN!!!

— Begin quote from "Muppo"

— End quote

F*ck yeah! Me too!

Gabrielle,

Fabulous news. Sounds like you are supping at Remission’s table. Enjoy it and the cheese! Just try not to get too up yourself hanging around Paris. And that.

Good little success story, I love it. Thanks.

— Begin quote from "Victoria"

— End quote

F*ck yeah! Me too!

Gabrielle,

Fabulous news. Sounds like you are supping at Remission’s table. Enjoy it and the cheese! Just try not to get too up yourself hanging around Paris. And that.

— End quote

:lol:

MVertigo road trip anyone? :lol:

Im all over that like a fat kid on chocolate!!! :smiley:

I too went through something similar (4 days at a conference, early mornings, long nights, travel, strange bed, jet lag, yadda yadda), but I also found that during and afterward I felt really good. Almost damn near normal. Then a few weeks later things start downhill again, though not as bad.

Odd… makes me wonder if it is something at home, like some weird mold growing in my basement or something.

Hey Gabrielle – great to hear you’re doing so well and all that madness in England was mostly fine. It’s bizarre how this condition can suddenly change. Curiously, I’m in a really good patch myself since shaving a micro dose off the Paxil. Last night I knocked back 3 glasses of wine (haven’t done that for over a year), ate a sticky date pud drowning in sauce and vanilla ice cream, and was in bed at 3 am.

I feel fine today and work was hectic all week as well. Let the good times roll!

Love the mvertigo holiday. Which island Mupp? Thailand? :smiley:

Blimey Scott - that was positively reckless of you :lol: glad you had no ill effects

@slightcrazed - weird isn’t it - you’d expect that stuff to make you go off the rails…

— Begin quote from "scott"

— End quote

No I reckon we go and discover somewhere remote like Easter Island, the Azores, Galapagos, Madagascar, remote islands in the South Pacific like Palau or Pitcairn … MAJOR!!!
:mrgreen:

— Begin quote from "scott"

— End quote

No I reckon we go and discover somewhere remote like Easter Island, the Azores, Galapagos, Madagascar, remote islands in the South Pacific like Palau or Pitcairn … MAJOR!!!
:mrgreen:

— End quote

Easter Island or the Galapgoas - I’m in! Soooo want to go to those places. What about Greenland? That is my dream destination.

If we all just want to chillax to the max though, I can recommend Palm Cove in QLD. I went there a few weeks ago. Bloody beautiful.