Starting Topiramate tonight. I hope it works

I am going to cut my 25 mg. pills in 1/2 for the first week to see how I tolerate the pills. I am a little nervous but also am hoping that it takes away the visual vertigo I am having so I can drive again. I haven’t driven since August and still have trouble riding in the car visually when looking out.

Donna

I took my first dose last night of 12.5 mg and I felt fine. I am going to take the other 1/2 tonight and then go straight to the 25 mg the next night.

I will try and keep updating how I feel and if I get any results from this drug.

Donna

Good luck. I wouldn’t rush to increase the dosage but your call. Regardless, don’t expect to see results too soon, i.e.: don’t give up on it if you don’t see results for a while. It can take time.

Hi there

Ive just been prescribed Toriramate today and wondered how you are getting on with your visual vertigo? Ive also been unable to drive since starting with MAV due to the visual problems so I’d be interested to know if the meds are working for you?

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

I have been on 12.5 mg in the morning and 12.5 in the evening for about a week and a half and haven’t noticed a change yet. I know the therapeutic dosage is somewhere around 100 mg, and some people have found relief at 50 mg. I am going up to 25 mg at night starting next week and will titrate up slowly each week to see if it helps.

I haven’t been able to drive since August and I know how frustrating this is. My life has changed dramatically since all of this started because I am home alone so much now and can’t even drive to do simple errands :frowning:

Please private message me at any time if you need someone to talk to. I know exactly how it feels to be where you are.

Take care,
Donna

thanks for replying. Ive been on 25mg in the evening for 3 days now, the first day I slept like a baby for the first time in ages which was great but now I feel really tired like I could sleep for a week! and a little bit more woozy than normal.

Thanks for the offer of PM ill deffo do that x

Fiona