Stay on Verapamil?

Okay, I had about a week where I felt 90%, that has long since gone. For alittle over 2 weeks, I am back to my MAV symptoms. I’ve been on the Verapamil since 12/18. Dr. Hain said it can take 1 1/2 months to get the full affect. Should I switch medications? My symptoms are not as bad as before but still enough to interfere with my life. My head fullness, pressure, dips, motion intolerance, sensitivity is all back. Oh, and of course the anxiety is right with it. I really thought I was through this when I had that good week. I even blamed the relapse on my period. I can’t figure this condition out. My husband made me go to the YMCA today and exercise. I did it, but was not comfortable. Will I ever be myself again? At least when I get my cluster migraines, I know there is an end to them. Eventually, they just go away and return the next year. So, at least I get a 9 month break from them. I am missing out on so much. This weekend we were invited to a Super Bowl party, needless to say I won’t be going. My husband says maybe you’ll feel good on Sunday, it’s a few days away. I just can’t deal with crowds right now. My friend wants to come over with her kid tomorrow night to order pizza and hang out. First of all, I gave up pizza. Second of all, I am way to fidgety just sitting and talking to someone for a lenghty period of time. I keep making excuses and saying we are busy. Looks like I am stuck tomorrow. I either like to lay down or if I am sitting in a chair, I am fidgety/restless. I pick and choose the people I feel comfortable enough to be around. Not too many. Anxiety? MAV? I am not sure. I want my old self back soooo bad. My daughter and husband bought me a plaque, it reads"Believe, when it is beyond reason to believe". This is really putting my faith to the test. Am I supposed to be learning something from this awful experience? I am scared to try Topamax or Effexor. I am so sensitive to meds. I just don’t know about anything anymore.

• Nance

— Begin quote from "nance"

Okay, I had about a week where I felt 90%, that has long since gone. For alittle over 2 weeks, I am back to my MAV symptoms. I’ve been on the Verapamil since 12/18. Dr. Hain said it can take 1 1/2 months to get the full affect. Should I switch medications? My symptoms are not as bad as before but still enough to interfere with my life. My head fullness, pressure, dips, motion intolerance, sensitivity is all back. Oh, and of course the anxiety is right with it. I really thought I was through this when I had that good week. I even blamed the relapse on my period. I can’t figure this condition out. My husband made me go to the YMCA today and exercise. I did it, but was not comfortable. Will I ever be myself again? At least when I get my cluster migraines, I know there is an end to them. Eventually, they just go away and return the next year. So, at least I get a 9 month break from them. I am missing out on so much. This weekend we were invited to a Super Bowl party, needless to say I won’t be going. My husband says maybe you’ll feel good on Sunday, it’s a few days away. I just can’t deal with crowds right now. My friend wants to come over with her kid tomorrow night to order pizza and hang out. First of all, I gave up pizza. Second of all, I am way to fidgety just sitting and talking to someone for a lenghty period of time. I keep making excuses and saying we are busy. Looks like I am stuck tomorrow. I either like to lay down or if I am sitting in a chair, I am fidgety/restless. I pick and choose the people I feel comfortable enough to be around. Not too many. Anxiety? MAV? I am not sure. I want my old self back soooo bad. My daughter and husband bought me a plaque, it reads"Believe, when it is beyond reason to believe". This is really putting my faith to the test. Am I supposed to be learning something from this awful experience? I am scared to try Topamax or Effexor. I am so sensitive to meds. I just don’t know about anything anymore.

• Nance

— End quote

Nance

I can’t tell you what to do about the medication I think maybe you should give it a bit longer to see if you get the right dosage to help with your symptoms.

Also it sounds to me a lot of what is making you feel worse right now is the anxiety that goes along with this disease. If you can find a way to get that under control it will definitely make it easier for you. Perhaps you could talk to the doctor about adding something to help with that (small dose may be all you need since you are so med sensitive).

Like I told you before you are the one who knows what you can do right now and if the party , crowds , friends are too much do not push yourself to that because some one else thinks you should do it. That does not mean you will not ever be able to participate in these activities at some point but maybe just not right now.

Are you staying on a regular sleep schedule, how about the diet are you able to keep that part under control? I have found this is so important to my symptoms being under a manageable level.

Last week when I had a set back I found it was because I got out of my schedule with sleep and diet.

Do you keep a diary or what you do and eat in order to see if there is a pattern to when your symptoms get worse? This has been very helpful to me as then can look and see what changed and what might have triggered a setback.

Perhaps we are all supposed to learn from this, maybe what is really important. I am not sure but I am learning everyday.

Take time to meditate and think deeper and look for meaning where you might not have looked before you may be surprised at what you learn. Keep your chin up. Take care of you and do not give up.

Tammy

Nance,

Hang in there. Take everything Tammy said to heart. In a way, you have to surrender to this condition and not force yourself to do too much. I believe MAV and anxiety create a vicious circle. The MAV causes anxiety and the resulting anxiety makes the MAV worse. It is important to do what you can to control the anxiety.

As for the Verapamil, I would hang in a little longer and talk to your doctor about the dosage.

Bottom line: You must learn to take care of yourself. Your whole family will benefit if you do.

The lesson I learned through all of this is to appreciate your health when you have it. I’ve always taken it for granted before.

Take care of yourself, Nance!

Marci

Nance, I suffered through 10 horrible months of intractable MAV every single day. My symptoms were too many to list here now. I thought I would never get better. After 4 months on topamax, I started to improve, and now one year later, I am at about 90% or so. I still have my moments, but I can function for the most part. It’s a FAR CRY from where I was. I was sick and tired of listening to other people’s success stories (I had to hunt them down because most of them are out living their lives). Finally I had mine. I’m only on 50mg of Topamax but that’s all I needed apparently. But let me tell you, the horrible visual sensitivity was so high, I couldn’t look at anything without getting sick, or triggering headaches. I had to wear sunglasses 24/7. I know what you are going through. I still suffer to some degree every day, but I can now function again and basically do what i want. some days I can forget I have the condition all together. So try not to despair. NOBODY has ever had a migraine that lasted their entire lives. It won’t happen to you. I promise. Just hang in there and keep trying medication trials until something works. you will know when something is very wrong and is not suited for you. But if you can tolerate it, try to stck out the med for the COMPLETE trial because you never know what will happen towards the end of the trial. I suffered on Topamax from day one, but was told it could take 4 months to get the results. And it did! It took me the entire time to get it! That’s the best advice I could give. That and get your vitamin D level checked. 25-0H is the test. There is literature on it suggesting that low vitamin D contributes to migraine. The best way to get vitamin D is from the sun. NEVER take vitamin D supplements without testing. I bought a sunsplash tanning bed and I get my vitamin D from light. Vitamin D is a HORMONE, not a vitamin, and helps maintain hormone balance, a key factor in migraine. I wont get into the mumbo-jumbo of it. Just know that it has helped me a great deal, and the literature on it is strong. There are over 30,000 genes in human DNA. vitamin D influences over 2000 of them. That’s significant. My last piece of advice is to balance your insulin levels. In other words, don’t spike your blood sugar with high amounts of carbs. Make sure to eat low on the glycemic index and balance with proteins and fats at EVERY meal. and don’t skip meals. Both of these ideas are known to influence migraine to some capacity. I KNOW they have helped me. Anyway, that’s about all I have to offer. But don’t dispair, you will get well!

Rich

Rich -

You brought my spirits up!!! Thank you. It is so weird that you would mention Vitamin D. I requested that my doctor check mine, it is only 16. I had it rechecked last month, it is still 16. I was told that was very deficient. My doctor said “just take a supplement”. You would think that after 9 months of supplementation and sitting out in the sun all summer, my level would be up. I am wondering why I do not retain it. I wonder if that is what is causing this whole mess. I mentioned my Vitamin D deficiency to Dr. Hain. He didn’t say anything about it. I’ve read where other people on here have low Vit. D levels too. Dr. Hain said hormones (I’m 34) are causing this, and like you said, Vit. D is a hormone. My mother’s doctor stresses the importance of Vit. D, to be truthful, other doctors around here do not know much about it. That was the only reason I got mine checked, it was my mom’s idea. What do you think about going to an endocronologist? (I may have spelled that wrong.) I know they deal with hormones, glucose levels etc. I guess I will also give the Verapamil a chance to work. Maybe it takes 3 or 4 months. I hesitate to switch meds because I don’t have any side effects. I get so frustrated because I am not well enough to go places. The anxiety that goes along with this is terrible too. I also have a great deal of fatigue. Thank you for your input. You made my day!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

• Nance

Rich -

You brought my spirits up!!! Thank you. It is so weird that you would mention Vitamin D. I requested that my doctor check mine, it is only 16. I had it rechecked last month, it is still 16. I was told that was very deficient. My doctor said “just take a supplement”. You would think that after 9 months of supplementation and sitting out in the sun all summer, my level would be up. I am wondering why I do not retain it. I wonder if that is what is causing this whole mess. I mentioned my Vitamin D deficiency to Dr. Hain. He didn’t say anything about it. I’ve read where other people on here have low Vit. D levels too. Dr. Hain said hormones (I’m 34) are causing this, and like you said, Vit. D is a hormone. My mother’s doctor stresses the importance of Vit. D, to be truthful, other doctors around here do not know much about it. That was the only reason I got mine checked, it was my mom’s idea. What do you think about going to an endocronologist? (I may have spelled that wrong.) I know they deal with hormones, glucose levels etc. I guess I will also give the Verapamil a chance to work. Maybe it takes 3 or 4 months. I hesitate to switch meds because I don’t have any side effects. I get so frustrated because I am not well enough to go places. The anxiety that goes along with this is terrible too. I also have a great deal of fatigue. Thank you for your input. You made my day!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

• Nance

— End quote

Nance

What dosage of Vitamin D are you taking? You need to have your doctor give you a prescription for the one month dosage and then take the supplement , I take 2000 a day and have now for four months or you may have to take more to get your levels up. If you can go to and Endo I think that might be a good thing if your doctor is not helping you with getting your levels up. They may be able to check other things too to see if they are contributing to your condition. Mine was 8 in July and it is finally back up to 32 but needs to be higher.

I would still see about taking something at a low dose for your anxiety…that will help until your medications start working .

You are in a vicious cycle tright now because your anxiety is keeping you at a place where the other part of the disease is unmanageable, trust me I have been there and still struggle.

Do not give up…keep the faith.

Timeless,

I am currently taking 1600 i.u. per day. I purchased a “once a week” Vitamin D packet at the pharmacy. Each pill is 10,000 iu. I took one and I swear, I felt so “weird” the next day. I felt weak, tired, nausea, overall just “weird”. My mom takes them and has had no trouble. So, I am taking 2 - 800 iu Vitamin D supplements. I take one in the morning and the other at night. I think maybe the 10,ooo iu capsule was too much at once maybe for my system. I’m not sure. I agree that I should take something for my anxiety. I am so afraid to though. I am so scared because of the way the Xanax and Lexapro reacted on me. I do have 2mg pills of Diazepam (valium) at home. I should try them. I have never tried taking them while on the Verapamil. I often wonder if the Diazepam will react the way the Xanax did. I’ve tried them a long time ago and I guess I was okay. I never used them on a daily basis though. It is so weird how I never was “afraid” to go anywhere before. I hate even going to the grocery store. Has your anxiety let up a lot though? I keep thinking to myself that one day I will be able to put all this behind me. I pray for that anyway. Thank you for all your support. I welcome any of your advice. I hope you are feeling better.
Nance

Nance,
We all want something that will make a dramatic and immediate difference in our symptoms. I know I certainly did. I finally came to realize that I didn’t get this way overnight and I won’t recover overnight. If you think the Verapamil was helpful I’d stay on it. Try to be patient. Look back in 6 months and ask yourself if you are better off or not on the Verapamil. I’m on Verapamil and I’m certainly much better than I was a year ago. I’ve made this assertion in previous posts and I’ll make it again - the vast majority of balance disorders (meniere’s, MAV, etc.) have a tendency to improve over time. Even if the underlying condition does not improve the dizziness usually improves and eventually resolves as the brain learns to compensate for the problem. Unfortunately, this compensation process usually occurs over the course of several years. So hang in there - I think it’s likely that most of us will eventually come out the other side of this thing.

C

Timeless,

I am currently taking 1600 i.u. per day. I purchased a “once a week” Vitamin D packet at the pharmacy. Each pill is 10,000 iu. I took one and I swear, I felt so “weird” the next day. I felt weak, tired, nausea, overall just “weird”. My mom takes them and has had no trouble. So, I am taking 2 - 800 iu Vitamin D supplements. I take one in the morning and the other at night. I think maybe the 10,ooo iu capsule was too much at once maybe for my system. I’m not sure. I agree that I should take something for my anxiety. I am so afraid to though. I am so scared because of the way the Xanax and Lexapro reacted on me. I do have 2mg pills of Diazepam (valium) at home. I should try them. I have never tried taking them while on the Verapamil. I often wonder if the Diazepam will react the way the Xanax did. I’ve tried them a long time ago and I guess I was okay. I never used them on a daily basis though. It is so weird how I never was “afraid” to go anywhere before. I hate even going to the grocery store. Has your anxiety let up a lot though? I keep thinking to myself that one day I will be able to put all this behind me. I pray for that anyway. Thank you for all your support. I welcome any of your advice. I hope you are feeling better.
Nance

— End quote

Nance

Maybe you could up your Vitiam d to 1000 in the morning and 1000 in the evening that is what I was taking for about four months and now I have cut it back to 1000 in the morning.

I was taking the Xanax and it made me feel weird also and I could not take the Lexapro at all. Now I take the Valium 2.5 mg when my anxiety is bad and it has not made me feel weird at all but does help with the anxiety. My understanding is that the Xanax acts quicker than Valium it has a longer half life so it works slower and longer. It has worked for me. I do not tak it every day but my doctor had told me that if I needed to that low dosage would be okay for at least a short period of time. Ask your pharmacist about the Verapmil I do not think it will be a problem but ask the expert. My anxiety is much better than it was a few months ago. It is not gone but it is better.

I was never afraid either Nance I have slowly started going out some by myself not a lot but baby steps.

I know you are in a little different situation with small children. But maybe you could try going when someone could keep the children at least to start with, keep your cell phone with you is what I do so if I need to call someone I can.

— Begin quote from "Chaz"

Nance,
We all want something that will make a dramatic and immediate difference in our symptoms. I know I certainly did. I finally came to realize that I didn’t get this way overnight and I won’t recover overnight. If you think the Verapamil was helpful I’d stay on it. Try to be patient. Look back in 6 months and ask yourself if you are better off or not on the Verapamil. I’m on Verapamil and I’m certainly much better than I was a year ago. I’ve made this assertion in previous posts and I’ll make it again - the vast majority of balance disorders (meniere’s, MAV, etc.) have a tendency to improve over time. Even if the underlying condition does not improve the dizziness usually improves and eventually resolves as the brain learns to compensate for the problem. Unfortunately, this compensation process usually occurs over the course of several years. So hang in there - I think it’s likely that most of us will eventually come out the other side of this thing.

C

— End quote

Excellent point if I look back six months ago I am much better than I was then. You are right we did not get where we are overnight.

One thing I have learned through all this is whether it is all MAV or a combination of things that got me to where I am I have learned to take care of myself which I might have never done had this not happened.

I have learned I have to get my sleep and keep a regular schedule which I never did before this happened. I have learned to eat right and stay away from triggers plus stay away from high sugar and high carb foods. As I know I have RHG I have to stay away from those foods and keep my blood sugar under control.

I have to get some exercise and not push myself to do more than I can do . I have had to remove the overwhelming stess from my life and learn to live simpler.

And yes some of this does start to resolve itself at least I think that has been my case.

Keep your head up Nance…live will get better.

I can always count on you guys to make the future seem brighter. I just read Chaz’s post and yours, Timeless. Maybe this will resolve itself over time. After reading that in your post, I felt like jumping for joy! I had it in my head that it will only get worse and not lessen because it keeps coming back. But, if I look back, I guess it is better than a few months ago. Today I tried keeping busy and tonight I actually felt better. I think a lot of it had to do with your uplifting posts that you guys wrote today. Tomorrow I have some errands to run and I am going to go with a better attitude. I am sick and tired of working myself up about doing the things I used to do. I am also going to try the low dose valium if I’m really anxious. I don’t know why I make things so difficult. I agree, this is really making me take better care of myself and I am trying to simplify my life as much as I can. I am also working on eliminating some major stressors. It’s strange but this is such a learning process.

Sincerely,

Nance

Rich -

• Nance

— End quote

No problem Nance. Glad I could help. I recommend light over the supplement by the way. The sunsplash 8 is awesome for getting your level up!!! But as far as the verapamil goes, if you are making it through the trial ok, my advice is to stick it out. This way, you can at least put that med aside as tried and failed (if it doesn’t work). If you stop it early, you may just end up coming back to it later. Or, you may be like me and get all your results in the end! Like I said, I was miserable on topamax and then one day, all my symptoms started getting better. It was really weird how it happened. I remember a specific 2 week period where certain symptoms were just gone. But the visual sensitivity was the toughtest. Still, even IT started to evaporate. Now I’m at 90% on good days, and 80-85% on relapses. But the relapses last a day or two and then Im fine again. Dr. Hain is the one who told me that nobody ever had a life-long migraine. He said it wouldn’t happen to me and he was right. I can emphatically say it’s not going to happen to you either. Chaz is right. Even if the meds don’t work, the brain has a way of eventually working it out, even if it takes some time. You’ll make it!

Rich

Here is a new article on Vitamin D deficiency. I thought I would pass it along in case you hadn’t seen it. It raises more questions than it answers, but I think it is worth the read.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28894095/

Marci -

Thank you for the article on Vit.D. It is so confusing, isn’t it? Some say the importance is overwhelming and others say there is not enough proof. I guess that is why some doctors stress it and others don’t. I am anxious for my mom’s follow up with her doctor next week. He is a big advocate of Vit. D. She is going to ask him his opinion on my situation. He is a very nice doctor. I can’t wait for my appointment with the endocrinologist. Since I’ve been told that Vit. D is related to hormones, there might be a connection. Thank God my husband has good insurance through his work for us. I’ve done so much doctor jumping, just searching for answers. It is so weird, today and yesterday were decent days. For the first time in a long time I actually went to the Mall by myself and to Target! That was huge for me. I just hate this weird sensation of fullness and “wooziness” that I seem to almost constantly have in my head. How are you feeling?

• Nance

Thanks for posting the article Marci. Very interesting to see how others are responding to vitamin D out there. It’s really no different than how they are responding to other non-pharmaceuticals since they can’t be patented and sold as a drug. Don’t get me wrong, I love my medicine but that doesn’t mean that natural is bad or that there is no place for it. Afterall, what would happen if we all ate chocolate all day, or just ate candy? Exactly lol So what we do other than take our meds absolutely affects our condition and the body in general.

I would say this for your peace of mind Nance. There’s worry that increasing vitamin D through the sun would increase skin cancer rates. But the exact opposite has happened. We have followed the “stay out of the sun” advice for the past 20 or so years, slathering ourselves with sunscreen, staying indoors, but rates of skin cancer continue to rise! The exact opposite is happening. Also, If you also look rates of cancer (based on all causes) based on geographic location, cancer rates are higher the further away from the equator you get (where the sun is the strongest).

Also, the skin can easily make 10,000-20,000 iu’s of vitamin D with just 10 minutes of proper exposure to the sun. There isn’t a food on the planet that can give you that kind of dosage so when these people are talking about “what’s the proper dosage of vitamin D”, and then they site their studies that vitamin D is ineffective, I just laugh because they aren’t even close, and they obviously haven’t gotten a clue. They are getting no results giving people 1,000-5,000 iu’s of vitamin D a day in trials (that’s the average dosing), and it’s no wonder. The skin produces more than 4x that largest amount PER DAY. And many people have a hard time absorbing vitamin D from food and supplement, so that’s another reason their supplement-based vitamin D trials failed.

So, don’t dispair Nance. To me, vitamin D is an area of “nutrition” (if you can even call it that) that is really not as debatable as food supplements because your body MAKES it. It’s like any other substance your body makes. When you are young, your body makes more of everything and in better balance. As we get older, we make less of everything and in worse balance. So it makes sense that replacing what you are no longer making will result in improvements. If it didn’t, we wouldn’t have conventional hormone replacement because it wouldn’t be medically accepted. so the idea is obviously “sound”, at least in the conventional medical establishment. Well, they can’t say it’s fine with estrogen, a substance women make naturally, but not ok with vitamin D, another substance we make naturally. It just doesn’t work that way. Trust me, once they figure out how to make vitamin D into a drug, all of a sudden it will be claimed to help every illness on the planet. Just watch. Drug companies get sued every day for claiming meds work for conditions that they are not proven to work for, so although they attack the “natural” on a daily basis, they have plenty of their own checks and balances to keep track of.

Rich

Marci -

Thank you for the article on Vit.D. It is so confusing, isn’t it? Some say the importance is overwhelming and others say there is not enough proof. I guess that is why some doctors stress it and others don’t. I am anxious for my mom’s follow up with her doctor next week. He is a big advocate of Vit. D. She is going to ask him his opinion on my situation. He is a very nice doctor. I can’t wait for my appointment with the endocrinologist. Since I’ve been told that Vit. D is related to hormones, there might be a connection. Thank God my husband has good insurance through his work for us. I’ve done so much doctor jumping, just searching for answers. It is so weird, today and yesterday were decent days. For the first time in a long time I actually went to the Mall by myself and to Target! That was huge for me. I just hate this weird sensation of fullness and “wooziness” that I seem to almost constantly have in my head. How are you feeling?

• Nance

— End quote

Hi Nance,

I’m feeling pretty well. I’m back up to 90% after getting hit hard last Wednesday. I have had headaches originating at the base of my skull since the big migraine last week. They have been less painful each day, so I’m hoping they will be totally gone soon. With the exception of last week, I have been living at 85-95% of normal for nearly a month. This is the best I have done for quite a while. I am not currently on any medications. It seems every time I come off of a med trial, I feel better for a while. I’m taking numerous supplements, including Vit. D, in hopes they will make a difference.

I have a consultation scheduled for later this month with a migraine specialist, a neurologist. Now, I’m wondering if I should postpone it. I’m afraid to go on a new med in fear of the side effects and the potential for it to take away the improvement I am currently enjoying. It took a month and a half to get the appointment, so I am going to wait a few more weeks to decide whether to keep it or not. I am also grateful for good insurance.

I hope you are able to continue going out. I find that I do better most days if I make myself get up and moving. Of course there are some days where that just isn’t possible, but fortunately those days are becoming less common.

Take care,

Marci

Rich - I didn’t realize how many i.u.'s of Vitamin D your skin can absorb from the sun. That is amazing to me. I totally agree with you regarding the drug companies. Thanks for the info. I can’t wait until summer. I am going to soak up the sun (within reason of course). Unfortunately, I live in Illinois, 2 hours south of Chicago. The winters are long and dreary. Last year I sat out a lot, but I was so sick I was also indoors a lot more too. I pray this summer will be a good one.

Marci - I am so glad you are feeling better. I have to admit that when I make myself get out, I do feel better too. I have done a lot in the past 2 days. I have even resumed working out at the YMCA. I want this feeling to last, I am feeling 85-95%. :stuck_out_tongue: I hope it lasts this time. Maybe the good days will start to outnumber the bad. I understand what you mean about starting a new med. If I were you, I think I’d still keep your appointment since it took so long to get in to him. If he does give you a new med, you don’t have to take it, if you are still feeling so good. You could just get it filled and keep it in case. Maybe explain to him that you are feeling more like yourself lately and don’t want to hinder that. But, tell him you would like something if it comes back. Maybe he will have a treatment plan in mind that you wouldn’t have to take everyday. I bet the MAV/dizziness has run it’s course and you’re on your way back to your old self. That would be awesome!!! I hope the headaches go away. Maybe you can get something for that. Dr. Hain suggested the use of oxygen for my cluster migraines and he gave me a prescription for a novacaine spray. I get my clusters on one side of my face - the left, above my eye, and in my cheek. He said to spray the novacaine spray in my left nostril and it will take the pain away. It is like what a dentist uses. I have not filled the prescription yet because I haven’t had any clusters since last May. My headaches sound different than yours though. I just thought maybe the oxygen idea would work, it opens blood vessels and is natural. He said to keep it on for 5 minutes when I feel it coming on. What do you think?

Happy you are feeling better!!!

Nance

Vitamin D supplements are good in the winter (I live in snowy Ohio). I take about 4,000 IU per day. I go off of them in April.

— Begin quote from "MSDXD"

Vitamin D supplements are good in the winter (I live in snowy Ohio). I take about 4,000 IU per day. I go off of them in April.

— End quote

What part of Ohio? I’m originally from New Philadelphia, near Canton.

— Begin quote from "MarciM"

— Begin quote from "MSDXD"

— End quote

What part of Ohio? I’m originally from New Philadelphia, near Canton.

— End quote

I live in a suburb of Cincinnati. I’m originally from Los Angeles. A lot of my wife’s extended family are from the Akron/Canton area. She’s a Buckeye alum. Naturally, I have almost no control over the channel turner in the Fall.