Suddenly and briefly lightheaded?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Does anyone else have this?
I have occasional sudden bursts of lightheadedness. The sensation is very brief but intense, and followed by a spacey feeling. Sometime it occurs in twos or threes. More often than not, months or years pass between incidents, so it’s distressing when it happens. It seems to happen out of the blue; no triggers that I’ve been able to figure out. Today it happened while at a very enjoyable brunch with friends. I also have spells of sort of a rushing or flashing sensation in the back of my head.
I am diagnosed with MAV and take Cymbalta, magnesium, CoQ10, and riboflavin in large doses. I have hearing loss, tinitus, and low tympanic response in my right ear but have not been diagnosed with Meniere’s.
I have had MRI, CAT, EEG, neuropsych, blood, and urine tests and am in fabulously good condition. So why these blasts of lightheadedness?

I can’t speculate as to why this happens, but I get it too. I don’t have my MAV under control yet so I get these sudden brief rushing-pulsing-spacey-lightheaded moments every time I stand, bend down, turn to look at something too fast. Before I had MAV, it was that feeling you got shortly after standing, having just laid down for a while, except more intense. Does that sound about right?

Yours sound super random. Maybe some residual MAV breaking loose from your medicine :lol:

I definately feel this way too…it scares me. For about a year I used to get anxious right after also as I would be worried. Now I dont get anxious much about them and it seems better…or not as bad. I still get them though.

Interesting that you mention that it happened during lunch, because I often get that while at restaurants, even before I eat (still not entirely sure why, but restaurants tend to be a big trigger for me…the lighting, noise, and enclosed space maybe).

Sorry I’m not much help, but just know that you’re not alone.