Sydney dust storm & other allergic reaction that affect MAV?

Just read online about the dust storm in Sydney. Wondering how our great board moderator is doing, especially considering that he just got home and is decompressing from the long trip. You out there, Scott? :wink:

Anyone here find that they feel worse with MAV symptoms when they have allergies kick in or just a reaction to something (like dust or mold or even harsh smells?) I soon have to do some cleaning of mold off a closed-in garage storage room wall with bleach/water and then later paint it and I’m none too happy about it, mainly because of the intense smells. I am going to get a mask, eye protection, gloves, etc, but I worry about the longer-lasting affects. I can keep the garage door open during the day, but being so over-sensitive to everything and having already been in that room without a mask and finding myself coughing a bit/having a bit of a sore throat after moving boxes out (no, I didn’t wear a mask then, dumb me), I am concerned I might set off some MAV stuff. The smells will no doubt come into the house somewhat.

Thanks, Bonnie

— Begin quote from “bcrelief”

Just read online about the dust storm in Sydney. Wondering how our great board moderator is doing, especially considering that he just got home and is decompressing from the long trip. You out there, Scott? :wink:

Anyone here find that they feel worse with MAV symptoms when they have allergies kick in or just a reaction to something (like dust or mold or even harsh smells?) I soon have to do some cleaning of mold off a closed-in garage storage room wall with bleach/water and then later paint it and I’m none too happy about it, mainly because of the intense smells. I am going to get a mask, eye protection, gloves, etc, but I worry about the longer-lasting affects. I can keep the garage door open during the day, but being so over-sensitive to everything and having already been in that room without a mask and finding myself coughing a bit/having a bit of a sore throat after moving boxes out (no, I didn’t wear a mask then, dumb me), I am concerned I might set off some MAV stuff. The smells will no doubt come into the house somewhat.

Thanks, Bonnie

— End quote

The smells are the worse for me and have always been even when I just had headaches years ago. Yesterday my husband had to clean the garage floor with bleach due to an accident the dog had and I could smell it all the way in the house in the basement with the door closed. I had to tell him to please clean the bleach out of there quickly and I have a headache today and wonder if that is what triggered it along with another smell that my son was wearing of cologne.

If it was me and I could I would get someone to do it for me I would and close it off from the rest of the house , mold can be a problem anyway even with out MAV. My brother is a contractor and cleaned out a basement with mold in it a month or so ago and has been having issues every since he was around it.

I got a text from Scott this morning that he’s knocked over with a nasty gastro bug. Yikes!

The dust storm was crazy - I woke up yesterday morning and it looked like Sydney was on fire. Any pictures you see on the net are not photo-shopped (except the one with Godzilla under the Harbour Bridge) - it was really that bad. It’s been crazy weather here the last few days. 32 degrees Celcius on Monday, dramatic thunderstorms on Tuesday and the dust storm yesterday. I’m actually wondering if that’s contributed to me getting wobbly again…

Vic

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

I got a text from Scott this morning that he’s knocked over with a nasty gastro bug. Yikes!

The dust storm was crazy - I woke up yesterday morning and it looked like Sydney was on fire. Any pictures you see on the net are not photo-shopped (except the one with Godzilla under the Harbour Bridge) - it was really that bad. It’s been crazy weather here the last few days. 32 degrees Celcius on Monday, dramatic thunderstorms on Tuesday and the dust storm yesterday. I’m actually wondering if that’s contributed to me getting wobbly again…

Vic

— End quote

Sorry to hear about Scott having a gastro bug.

They were showing the dust storm on the news here in the states …I would not be surprised that the weather may have something to do with you feeling wobbly again. We have had some of the worse storms this week that our state has had in over a hundred years…20 plus inches of rain in our county alone. And this has not been a good week at all.

Hope you are feeling better soon and give our best to Scott.

Hi Bonnie,
we moved house recently, and I used Bleach to clean things.
BIG mistake!
My lungs have been a mess lately, and My mav did kick in after many months of lowered symptoms.
I won’t touch the stuff ever again.
We live in Queensland, and we hadn’t watched TV for a while, we had NO idea what the bright yellow haze was.
My hubby Mike and I were hanging out clothes togther when it hit, :roll:
winds were high, it looked like an attomic bomb had gone off.
Choking…

jen

Hey all,

Thanks for asking about me. I’ve had a really nasty hit of gastro enteritis. Everyone got whacked after a conference I was at on Tuesday. The food must have been contaminated. So after throwing my guts up for 24 hours straight I’m back at work feeling surreal but otherwise not bad. Still jet-lagged but like getting up early like this. I was at work at 7:30 am instead of my usual 9:30.

Waking in the dust storm was great! I was up at 4:30 AM that day and as the sun came up the sky was blood red. The red was coming through my blinds and I was certain there was a raging fire going on somewhere close by or bush fires. It was like the Apocalypse or at the very least waking up on the surface of Mars. I took some photos down my street I’ll post later on.

I should be back on deck soon to contribute here. A bunch of new articles to post and it looks like I’m going to be interviewed by the ABC here in Australia about MAV. It will be broadcast across the country and hopefully reach lots of people. Thanks to Jenny for organising this.

Scott :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from “scott”

Hey all,

I should be back on deck soon to contribute here. A bunch of new articles to post and it looks like I’m going to be interviewed by the ABC here in Australia about MAV. It will be broadcast across the country and hopefully reach lots of people. Thanks to Jenny for organising this.

Scott :slight_smile:

— End quote

Wow, Scott! That is so great that you will be the voice of MAV. Maybe you can put the interview on Youtube so us folks in the States can watch our fearless leader:-)
Hope you continue to feel better. Are you going forward with any more med trials now that you are back home?

Best,
Lisa

— Begin quote from ____

Maybe you can put the interview on Youtube so us folks in the States can watch our fearless leader:-)
Hope you continue to feel better. Are you going forward with any more med trials now that you are back home?

— End quote

Hey Lisa,

LOL … not sure about the fearless bit! It’s going to be a radio interview by the looks of it so will post an mp3 should it happen. I’ll have to sharpen my chops a little bit more before the interview with stats etc. I’m definitely not feeling on the ball today … if she interviewed me now I’d sound like a complete dunce!

I’m still chugging along well on Aropax (Paxil) at 2.5 mg. It keeps my head screwed on straight and there’s NO side effects. Still haven’t felt the need for valium until today actually but used Ativan instead. I really don’t like it of course and will see my GP here in the next few days to load up on valium. I may take Aropax up a notch too but for now I’m happy with the status quo.

How are you doing Lisa? Did you return to baseline following that cold?

Best … Scottie