Symptoms every day?

I haven’t been diagnosed with MAV, i see a neurologist on Monday. I have some kind of dizziness or headache every day since november. My head is horrendous today right across my forehead and it makes me feel sick and like i can’t think straight. It hurts if i bend forward or move my eyes from side to side etc. Some days its just one side of my head, some days i feel off balance. I had a ct scan 3 months ago that showed 3 shadows and i had an mri just over 2 weeks ago so i am worried what i will be told on monday.

It is far easier said than done, but try not to worry too much. Shadows on a scan sounds scary but they can be just shadows - as in from the machine or the computer. They could be something normal and not harmful at all (I have WMLs or white-matter lesions, which sounds scary but can be due to migraines or you know, just having a brain). Or someone could have spilled something on the actual film - I had that happen once ten years ago. I asked to look at the film after receiving some pretty dire news and when I rubbed the dried coffee off, the doctor said “Huh! What’d ya know”.

I am wishing you well and will keep you in my thots for Monday.
Molly

— Begin quote from “msmolly”

I had that happen once ten years ago. I asked to look at the film after receiving some pretty dire news and when I rubbed the dried coffee off, the doctor said “Huh! What’d ya know”.

— End quote

Molly,

Really? I would have been tempted to fake a heart attack and sue their asses up a tree!

:lol:

Andy

I am worried it’s going to be ms or some sort of dementia :frowning:

What did they say based on the CT? Did they order the MRI because it was inconclusive? 3 months between seems like a long time if they were truly worried. I would be surprised if they were all that worried about it.

Andy

They just said there were 3 hypodensity shadows on it and it wasn’t cancer and i hadn’t had a stroke and referred me for an mri scan to investigate further and then see a neurologist. I had my mri 2 weeks gone thursday and i see the neurologist on Monday. But my head is awful everyday so i know something is going.

I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion. Most of the people on this board would tell you their heads feel crappy much of the time and there may be a couple with MS and I’ve been accused of being demented but that’s different. :mrgreen:

Odds are good you are fine.

Try to relax. You will find out Monday.

Andy

Thanks andy.
I will know on monday whats going on.

Zipster,

Did you ever receive any more info on your mri?

Yes kennedylane i have lesions on my brain scan so i am waiting for a lumbar puncture to rule in/out ms.

Don’t be too concerned, Zipster, until you receive a final report from your spinal tap. I have several white matter lesions in my brain as well. I was told they are very common and usually don’t have any clinical significance. In other words, they are typically an incidental finding. Best wishes to you; I hope you get the all-clear and MS is ruled-out.

Well said, KennedyLane. White matter lesions are potentially indicative of numerous things, not the least of which is migraine.

Keep us posted, Zip.

Andy