The bliss of a good morning

Just wanted to share, as I know you’ll all understand … I’ve had a blissful few hours with hardly any symptoms. :smiley: Doesn’t happen that often, so worth mentioning! For a few hours I’ve been alert with no brain fog, no squinting into the albeit gloomy daylight, no flashes, no dizzies, no spongey floor; optimistic and happy. Consequently I enjoyed a morning out with my husband - nothing special, just a stroll to the local cafe for a light breakfast and then a stroll round one shop - with no problems. How good to do something normal, without needing TLC to get me through it. My eyes are just starting to go squiffy now and I notice that the hum of the laptop is just starting to irritate me, so unfortunately I’m sliding back down this afternoon, but it was great while it lasted. If I only knew what made the difference - the 6 million dollar question we all ask!

I wish everyone best wishes for 2010.

Teresa

Hey Theresa,

Congratulations of a few good hours! That must have felt like Heaven!! I can’t recall the last time i had one day where ALL the symptoms were gone. Sure would be nice. I hope you have more normal days or atleast a few good hours of normal.

Joe

Teresa,
thanks for sharing that. I would do anything for just a good minute. just wondering if you are on meds now.
Lisa

HI Lisa,
I’m not on any meds for this - I haven’t had an official diagnosis of MAV, but have classic symptoms and my GP has suggested ‘migraine and vertigo related problems’ and has referred me to a neurologist.
To teach me a lesson, the day after my morning of bliss turned into a really bad day full of foul symptoms - and if I thought about it long enough I could probably think of several things I did on the ‘good’ day which may have sparked the ‘bad’ day - my diet was slightly different (I had bacon and sausage which I don’t normally touch because I worry about the nitrates and general cr*p in them), I had a Pimms & lemonade (rarely touch alcohol), I didn’t wear dark glasses while in the car (which I usually need to do), I drank three cups of strong coffee (I usually have one tiny espresso a day), I had deliberately started moving my eyes upward and left/right to prove to myself how well I was doing (normally I do whatever I can to avoid eye movement), I wandered round a shop far longer than I’d normally cope with. The list goes on and it’s probably the combination of all these things which sent me reeling the next day . Hey ho…
Teresa

Teresa,

so sorry to hear that. I can understand your inclination to push the limits. Perhaps, in the future, if you are on a proper medication, your body could then cope with a lot more triggers.

I’m sorry again. I was hoping you beat this monster. you will, though!!

Lisa