The day from hell ---all for a good cause lol

— Begin quote from “Rich1975”

— Begin quote from “Julie”

or it can be cardiac in origin. One of the warning signs preceding eventual sudden cardiac death is dizziness.

— End quote

what if a superior canal dehisence or fistula is found? What if Miniere’s is discovered through ECOG or combination ENG/ECOG? That’s most certainly going to change the treatment plan. Migraine alone is treated differently than Migraine with Miniere’s. Migraine with Miniere’s is treated differently than Migraine with SSCD. It’s of the UTMOST importance to rule these things out, IF at all possible. Ever stop to think that maybe some people don’t get well because they have another underlying undiagnosed disorder? hmmm

— End quote

Yes let’s talk “what if.” What if someone has Meniere’s. Cure? Nope. Low salt diet? Oh please . . . .
Fistula? Some docs don’t even think it exists, and furthermore, who would you trust to operate?
You can’t DX fistula without exploratory surgery. The “tests” for fistula are NOT repeat NOT conclusive, whatsover.
At best, they give the doc a “maybe.”
SSCD, what’s the treatment? a Craniotomy? Like someone would submit to that or trust someone to do it?
No offense Rich, but what planet are you on?
In our family, we jump ahead. And what that means is, if you knew X would you submit to Z.
If your answer is NO, then why test for it?

I wouldn’t submit to a craniotomy.
I wouldn’t submit to exploratory fistula surgery.
And furthermore, there are people who had surgery on their inner ear and ended up worse, coming out.
So what is there really a cure for?

It’s more about maintenance or trying to save your sanity, than “cure.”
I’m not a pessimist, I’m a realist.

Heather