The Dentist..A Real Pain

As i continue on my trips to the dentist i never know how I am going to response. But it seems the more teeth I have pulled at one time the worse my MAV symptoms become. Last week I had one pulled and really did find other than some pain in the tooth itself. The week before that I did wonderful with one pulled.

Today I had two pulled one being a molar and my dizziness is really ramped up tonight and I feel very nauseated. Do you think it is the extra Novocaine she gives me when she extracts more than one tooth that causes the increased symptoms. I just know that every time we do multiple teeth it seems to be so much worse. Any ideas…

Hi Timeless,

My guess is that it is a combination of things: 1. the extra novicane, 2. the extra stress to your body of having two molars removed rather than one and 3. the mental stress of just having to go through the procedure. Keep in mind that any physical and mental stress can rev up MAV, so it doesn’t surprise me in the least that you feel lousy from this. Why did you feel ok with first one you had done? Luck perhaps or just less stress on your system. If you aren’t giving yourself enough recovery time (if I am reading your post correctly, it sounds like you’ve only had a few weeks in between each extraction), this can add up and your body is likely now freaking out. So the MAV is now going nuts so to speak. I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s just another issue we have to deal with on top of the MAV. I would schedule my dental procedures far apart if possible just to give myself more time to adjust.

On a different note, I saw another post from you that said you were having lots of digestive problems/pains. How are you doing with that? Would you say that it is like gas trapped in your stomach/ab area with bloating? If so, I have some suggestions.

Best, Bonnie

Went back to the dentist today to have her check the area a good bit of swelling and some heat in the area. She said it looked okay to her and that there is just a lot of trauma because of the size of the teeth. I have to be really careful of pain meds because of my stomach. Felt better this morning as far as the Mav so went to Walmart after the dentist…that was not a good idea…mow I feel like crap. Plus I had not taken my Valium before I left ( I was out and about a lot longer than normal) .

Yes I will wait a while for the next extraction it is scheduled for the March 16 instead of next week. I need some time to heal. Plus this one kinda did me in. I am having all but two teeth pulled and this is just a long process…then I will have dentures BTW does anyone have any experience in this area.

— Begin quote from “bcrelief”

Hi Timeless,

On a different note, I saw another post from you that said you were having lots of digestive problems/pains. How are you doing with that? Would you say that it is like gas trapped in your stomach/ab area with bloating? If so, I have some suggestions.

Best, Bonnie

— End quote

Yes I am having gurgling and bloating and some pain almost like a tugging and burning sensation. Any suggestions would be welcom.

— Begin quote from “Timeless”

— Begin quote from “bcrelief”

Hi Timeless,

Best, Bonnie

— End quote

Yes I am having gurgling and bloating and some pain almost like a tugging and burning sensation. Any suggestions would be welcom.

— End quote

Hmmm, well that is a little different from what I have experienced, so I am not sure what I recommend will help. If you have pains from gas build up that is trapped inside your stomach/ab area, I recommend drinking peppermint tea (although not too much as it can give you heartburn) and taking peppermint capsules that are made from peppermint oil. If you get the ones that also have fennel oil and ginger, even better. It helps a great deal with this. Peppermint soothes the stomach contractions/pains/bloating and fennel is especially good for bloating.

Best, Bonnie