The room moving like a boat's cabin

Does anyone else suffer from the room moving… things shift around and there is also a slight pulsing to my vision…
I can look at the window and the room looks as though it is swaying, as if i’m in a boat on rolling waves…

Is this one of the symptoms which disappears when you find the right medication?

Positivity! x

Ive had this before if I stare at something really hard it can feel like its moving slowly in my vision. I often wonder what other peoples dizziness is like compared to mine but I always feel like Im moving rather than m surroundings moving unless I get vertigo then were both moving all good fun!

I have this 24/7 unfortunately. Some days it is not as bad as others. I have lived for 15 years will all kinds of stuff like this and provided I was not dizzy or spinning I carried on as normal, albeit restricted on doing certain stuff. Since my bad attack last year everything is just 100% worse, moving rooms, floors etc. together with spinning and dizzy episodes.

I do hope medication can ease some of these symptoms too. Pizotifen hasn’t cleared any of that stuff up yet but only been 10 days since I started and not yet up to 1 mg.

Heres hoping hey!!

Angela

I have this feeling also whosthatchick.

My worst sensation of this is when I am waiting on the train station platform, it feels like the whole platform and overhanging roof is moving up and down and swaying in my vision.

I also feel like i’m moving internally, like I am moving side to side. do you get this?

Have you had a diagnosis yet?

Hi Richy - yes i have constant rocking motion aswell as the shifting vision which looks like a boat cabin, it’s constant too. And yes, i was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with MAV - and have only just started on Amitriptyline - which has given alot of people great relief so i’m just slowly upping my dosage - still only on 10mg and i think 20mg is where people start to see a difference. . .
Just keeping positive and taking myself for little walks everyday, i totally understand about the train platforms, i actually don’t use trains since i’ve got this! x

Angela, you need to be positive! :smiley: It’s going to work for you - you’ve only just started! Now is your time for recovery. I have it 24/7 too and i feel like i’m moving at the same time, both!

I’ve always explained my symptoms as being in the belly of a boat as opposed to “vertigo” and hoping once I get on the right dose of meds the boat will dock.

NAME THAT MUSICAL!!! :smiley:
And as I laughed at those passengers to heaven (laughs)
(gasps!) A great big wave came and washed me over board!
And as I sank And I hollered “someone save me!”
That’s the moment I woke up Thank the lord
And I said to myself, sit down, sit down,
You’re rockin’ the boat!
Said to myself sit down, sit down, you’re rockin’ the boat
NAME THAT MUSICAL!!! :smiley:

Guys and Dolls, Judy!!

Am I right? x

And the prize goes to JEM!!!

Now for the tricky one…I’ve got some lyrics listed in my signature. Name that musical :slight_smile:

Judy, I had no idea so I cheated and googled it and came up with ‘The Fantasticks’. Is that right?

I had never heard of it but you really seem to know your musicals. I like the way you have selected MAV appropriate lyrics!!! x

— Begin quote from “Jem”

Judy, I had no idea so I cheated and googled it and came up with ‘The Fantasticks’. Is that right?

I had never heard of it but you really seem to know your musicals. I like the way you have selected MAV appropriate lyrics!!! x

— End quote

You got it right!! It’s a pretty random lyric so cheating is allowed :slight_smile: If you listen to the song you’ll really understand why it’s in my signature. Specifically the music during the lyric during anytime “round and round…” is sung. It’s rhythm is pulsing like you’re on a carousel. Almost dizzying.

I do (did) theatre for a living. Still teach a little and keeping fingers crossed that meds will work as I have a directing gig lined up for early next year.

Prizes all around for Jem!!!

Really hope you get to resume your work Judy, it sounds like fun. I like the songs, they are definitely MAV relevant!

Can my prize be getting rid of MAV…someone please!!.. :stuck_out_tongue:

Judy - i haven’t posted much in awhile, but oftentimes read your posts. you sound like such a strong person who manages to have a sense of humor through this, although I know you are struggling so much. I also wish that you can return to the work that you love. I wish you well!
Lisa