Things I Won't Take For Granted - PLS ADD TO THE LIST

Just thought I would start a list of things I won’t take for granted once I get better that I really miss now…

PLEASE ADD YOUR OWN TO THE LIST :smiley:

Walking!
Going out to dinner
Going to the Theatre!!!
Going to the Movies
Being able to visit friends

More to come :slight_smile:

Lovely idea :wink:

Mine - playing with my babies , rather than watching THEM play :frowning:

Dancing!!!
Live music!!
Not worrying about falling down the stairs!!
Lol!!!
K

Drives (drive from Western Carolina, where I live, to the coast to visit beachgal)! Riding in the car is the worst.
Having large, loud family gatherings!

— Begin quote from "BethW"

Drives (drive from Western Carolina, where I live, to the coast to visit beachgal)! Riding in the car is the worst.
Having large, loud family gatherings!

— End quote

Awww…Seeing the all the pretty leaves. Don’t get that at the coast. Come on down!

being able to work

being able to walk without a cane

hopefully being in less pain

Taking a shower with ease not having to hold onto to the curtain rod or lean my head against the wall so I don’t fall over. Now that will be nice.

that is another good one about the shower- not having to hold onto the walls when getting in and out

YES to the shower thing~!!!

And to working!

How about being able to THINK??? LOL!!!

Well I did all those things and never took them for granted in my six month remission from symptoms! When I feel well I never take it for granted anymore those normal folk dont know how lucky they are do they.

I will say I wont ever take my health for granted again when i get it back :slight_smile: I laughed tonight for the first time properly in weeks because I feel better x

Hi Blondie- what medications were you taking during your remission? I hope you feel better again soon!!!

Hi
I take amitriptyline which controlled my symptoms for a long time at a low dose but I never got to 100% I would say 85-90%. I got pregnant and thats when I went into remisson completely hardly any dizzys for six months it was great so I know MAV is definitely hormonal in women.

Did your symptoms flare after you gave birth? Are you back on Ami or have you tried anything else? how long did u feel 85-90% on Ami before getting pregnant? I hope you get to feel great again soon!!

Yes they did thats why Im back on the forum :frowning: I had relapse at 36 weeks pregnant and Im 3 weeks postpartum now but my worst week was a few days before and the days following.
I was on amitriptyline for 14 months and was able to go back to work etc I was on 10-20 mg it took four weeks to work and it was gradual I did have mini relapses even on meds but not enough to disable me or stop me working/taking care of my kids.
I stayed on it throughout pregnancy at 10mg but Im now back onto 20mg and have improved some but not back to where I was I am upping it further in the next week.
If you havent tried this med maybe give it a try if you can push through side effects i have to say I love this med x

Reading out loud to my girls
Talking without stuttering
Driving
Triathlons
ANY workouts, walks, yoga
Standing up without feeling like I’m going to fall

Things I won’t take for granted…
Walking is big deal!
Shopping. This includes the grocery store, convenient stores etc.
Going back and forth from one room to the next when I have forgotten something without a heavy sigh b/c I know it will just make me dizzier
Vacuuming
Playing with my cat with his toy on a stick
Crowds of more than 1 :slight_smile:
Painting my nails
Buying new furniture (couch, mattress, car)
Being around people who wear fragrances
Waking up without the feeling that my neck may snap in half or my eyeballs may pop out the front of my face
Watching 1st person movies
Scrolling up and down on the lap top
The absence of regular doctors appointments
Of course it goes without saying…
Every single day I wake up NOT feeling dizzy.
Sarah

Being able to look at a computer screen

— Begin quote from "sasad"

Things I won’t take for granted…
Walking is big deal!
Shopping. This includes the grocery store, convenient stores etc.
Going back and forth from one room to the next when I have forgotten something without a heavy sigh b/c I know it will just make me dizzier
Vacuuming
Playing with my cat with his toy on a stick
Crowds of more than 1 :slight_smile:
Painting my nails
Buying new furniture (couch, mattress, car)
Being around people who wear fragrances
Waking up without the feeling that my neck may snap in half or my eyeballs may pop out the front of my face
Watching 1st person movies
Scrolling up and down on the lap top
The absence of regular doctors appointments
Of course it goes without saying…
Every single day I wake up NOT feeling dizzy.
Sarah

— End quote

AMEN!!!

— Begin quote from "Luna"

Reading out loud to my girls
Talking without stuttering
Driving
Triathlons
ANY workouts, walks, yoga
Standing up without feeling like I’m going to fall

— End quote

Ta-ta-talking without st-stuttering? I don’t know wha-what you’re talking about. And now with To-topamax I can’t remember words…even better!

Everything :confused: