Those with MAV and older kids

Hello,

I was wondering, those of you who suffer with MAV, do your kids also suffer? At what age did they first have symptoms and were you able to get their issues under control?

Thanks. I just really am depressed that my two boys may have to deal with this crap.

My kids are 22 and 25 and do not show any symptoms. Also, they never got car sick as young children and they love amusement park rides. So far they are nothing like me. My MAV did not kick in until 50 years of age, supposedly triggered by hormones at menopause. But I did get car sick and cannot tolerate amusement park rides, so I am going to assume my kids will not get MAV. But if they do hopefully there will be a clearly defined treatment plan in place by then.

On the flip side of that…
I am 27 and have MAV. Neither of my parents have it. In fact, no one in my extended family has it. My dad however suffered from cluster migraines in his 20’s, but those disappeared within a year. I’m hoping to be as lucky!
Sarah

— Begin quote from "Joanmac"

My kids are 22 and 25 and do not show any symptoms. Also, they never got car sick as young children and they love amusement park rides. So far they are nothing like me. My MAV did not kick in until 50 years of age, supposedly triggered by hormones at menopause. But I did get car sick and cannot tolerate amusement park rides, so I am going to assume my kids will not get MAV. But if they do hopefully there will be a clearly defined treatment plan in place by then.

— End quote

thank you for the encouraging words…

Neither of my kids show any signs of it but they are only in their 20 and this did not hit me until I was in my 40 , I started having the headaches in my 30’s. My father has a history of migraines though he does not have the symptoms like I do …he does have auras, mild dizzy and headache.