Tingling / goosebumps anyone else ?!

Oh, Love. Itā€™s a sucky thing. It really is. Iā€™m dizzy today, too. All week this week. I donā€™t remark on it anymore unless I run into enough stuff to start noticing bruises. We will soldier on in whatever capacity we have.

1 Like

You might find this of interest:

https://www.thewaltoncentre.nhs.uk/uploadedfiles/leaflets/Migraine%20-%20A%20Comprehensive%20Guide.pdf

Helen

Thatā€™s one of my favorite references.

1 Like

I too habe had a stinking day!!! Dizziness and balance off the scale!! Ears and nose at bursting pointā€¦:pensive:
Jo x

So sorry to hear that but you have your saviour meds still to look forward to improving things for you. Iā€™ve had mine! That sounds like Iā€™m feeling sorry for myself. Not really just cross because I hadnā€™t expected any reaction from the store visit. I obviously thought my threshold levels were higher than they are. Wonder if they will improve further. Pity thereā€™s no accurate way to measure them. Helen

I get this too. It improved big time on Amitriptyline. Do not beleive when someone tells you its a pinched nerve. Pinched nerve can never cause tingling on your face, this is one of the migraine symptoms. My GP told me it is a b12 deficiency causing peripheral neuropathy and now i am loaded up on b12 and still have this occasionally which proves this is not B12. It is a migraine symptoms along with the likes of Allodynia( which i also get). Some people worry it is MS, it is not, as MS is usually localized numbness/tingling.

Iā€™ve had so many of what you described above accept the more tingling I get the more it makes me think the bloody migraine isnā€™t being controlled ! Thanks so much for your detailed reply sometimes itā€™s jist reassuring knowing you are not the only one :pray:t3:

1 Like

Thanks @GetBetter I know it isnā€™t a pinched nerve Iā€™m a trainer and physio trainer so I know that this is totally not linked just annoying tnat it hasnā€™t calmed down yet as it does make me wonder if that means the meds arenā€™t doing their job . How long did it take for ami to ease the tingling

2 weeks on Ami helped tingling

1 Like

Being a lady of a certain age often I cannot tell whether the tingling is half a hot flush or coming from the MAV. Rather like someone playing a Rachmaninov piano symphony up and down my forearms and my neck it seems to occur, at varying strengths, regularly. So I suspect itā€™s six of one and half a dozen of the otherā€¦ is this autonomous stuff. Very minuscule shivering that is IMO. Mostly lower arms and around front my neck. It certainly occurs a lot in hormonal hot flushes too and I always have it during any vestibular attacks. Itā€™s obviously widespread amongst VM sufferers because there are lots of older threads referring. Certainly not very pleasant.

Yep, Iā€™m currently feeling like Iā€™ve got fizzy blood under my skin! Itā€™s very odd itā€™s everywhere too not just one place, also have flushing of the cheeks and chest today too. Symptoms are ramping up and down like I donā€™t know what :woozy_face:

1 Like

Me too. I often feel ā€œfizzyā€. Like Helen Iā€™m never too sure these days if my hormones are racing and Iā€™m having a dampened down (by the meds?) hot flush or itā€™s just pure MAV. My worst bout ever 20 months back everything in my body was out of sync, brain zaps, extreme hot pulses, tingling, mad anxiety, gut issues, as well as all the usual MAV crap. Felt like I needed a hard reboot.

Hope you feel better soon MNEK

2 Likes

Ah, a dampening down of symptoms by medication. Oh I so wish. I am beginning to accumulate a list of drugs which worsen these symptoms if youā€™d like a copyšŸ˜†.

Not that it helps with distinguishing. Far from it but only yesterday I read this about Niacin, Vitamin B3, which seems to occur in most Multivitamin OTC compounds.

ā€A common side effect of Niacin is a flushing reaction. This might cause burning, tingling, itching and redness of the face, arms and chest as well as headachesā€.

All Iā€™ll say is itā€™s working extremely well today and has been since about 3.30am or of course it could have been the Vitamin D3 which is also known to have that effect. As is the case with numerous women I suspect the MAV and the hormones are so inextricably linked it doesnā€™t really matter if we fail to differentiate. We are stuck with it either way.

I have tingling & pins/needles in my feet when my vestibular system flares up. Had a spine/brain MRI & nerve studies recently - awaiting results to rule out anything else.

Iā€™ve also had periods of intense goosebumps. Usually when something excitable happens (positive or negative) e.g. scary film, intense video game scene, loud noises etc. Two neurologists have confirmed that this is due to Hypervigilance. The only organic solution to this (as far as Iā€™m aware) is desensitization therapy. To combat this, Iā€™ve carried on doing everything as normal to curb avoidance behaviour, and it has died down hugely. Still suffer from some inevitable hypervigilance, which I hope will continue to ebb away in time.

All the tingling it seems results from Amplification considered part of the migraine syndrome by medics.

I quote from the Walton Centre NHS information material (full document appears elsewhere on site ā€˜The ā€˜comprehensive migraine guideā€™).

**ā€This amplification can also lead to symptoms caused by increased awareness of normal body functions ā€¦

ā€¦ The person with a tendency to having migraine will become aware of and will be less tolerant to the normal nerve signals from within the body.

This increased awareness of normal body sensation in migraine can for example mean that normal sensation is amplified to cause a feeling of tingling or soreness of the skin or even pain and tenderness in various parts of the body, including the chest, abdomen, pelvis, neck, joints or muscles.
There may be an increased awareness of normal feelings within the gut, the heart may seem to race or beat heavily or there may be feelings of dizziness (vertigo)ā€**

I fully understand the psychological element and maybe the gist of your neurologists comments but IMO certainly they didnā€™t express it very succinctly. Our (understandable) hyper vigilance may make it more noticeable to us but Iā€™d argue it isnā€™t actually causing it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct indeed. Hypervigilance is a symptom not a cause. The cause is vestibular/neurological damage I guess.

I get all sorts of weird sensations in my body sometimes and definitely feel pain more easily than normal people. That can cause anxiety and lead you to think something serious is wrong.

1 Like

Actually Iā€™d go as far as to say for many people hyper vigilance is a side effect a direct result of uncontrolled, undiagnosed/untreated?, MAV. From my own experience I was well into chronic MAV before I developed it. Episodic was a doddle by comparison.

1 Like

Hi! exactly what Iā€™m feeling right now. What did you do for your reboot?

Yes I get tingling, goosebumps in arms legs and particularly at back of neck and rear part of scalp.