Tinnitus goes away completely ...

… for about 30 seconds :sweat_smile: … after taking a phone call using my bad ear.

I literally get silence again that I’ve not experienced in several years. The phone call doesn’t simply mask the tinnitus it literally stops it (for a short spell).

I don’t know if this is a new thing for me and a sign things are easing up … but only recently noticed it.

Anyone else get this?

(Not going to poll this because I’m not sure it’s that generically useful)

2 Likes

Hey, 30 seconds is a start!! Maybe a little research (which I know you’re good at!) on the effects of vibration on tinnitus? Here’s hoping it’s the start of something good for you! Keep us posted.

1 Like

I haven’t had this - nothing seems to stop the noise for me. Tinnitus seems to have its own set of rules which is probably why it is difficult to beat.

No, but I had something similar with dizziness. I’ve always have a slight orthostatic hypotension and when stand up to fast I can get really lightheaded to the point where I almost faint. In that weird state where I’m coming back from almost fainting my dizziness would completely go away for about 5 seconds. It was the ONLY time I had zero dizziness in the entire 3+ year battle with MAV. It drove me nuts trying to figure out why! The Neurologist just dismissed it, but it was real.

1 Like

Wow. That’s interesting. I believe it was real.

2 Likes

I also have posterior orthostatic hypotension and tachycardia… POTS if you will - annoying but waxes and wanes and usually is pretty manageable.

BUT, I found this post interesting. I don’t have constant tinnitus - thank the Lord. But when I am having a hypotension episode, just after standing up, my vision goes black, I get sweaty and then full blown tinnitus until I crawl back to bed and lie flat. Then it goes. It’s very loud too.

So dizziness goes for you but tinnitus comes for me.

2 Likes

That might indicate a relative lack of independence of the inner ear wrt to local blood pressure which leads me back my to my theory that there’s something causing pressure in the inner ear to be too high for it to retain its independence. That’s either biochemical or physical in nature.