Tiredness

Yes I get so fatigued and it was worse when I was working, it got so bad I had to quit my job. Now it is not so bad but if I do a bit too much I pay for it x

Yes! I just canā€™t do what I used to its very frustrating x

Yep. Not every day, but a whole lot of the time.
And when I do put in some serious work, Iā€™m really wiped the next coupla days. I donā€™t know whether this is because my body (body-mind?) is not used to this and I need to build up to it or where itā€™s because I no longer can expect to put in a serious dayā€™s physical work. The obvious answer is to see whether I can work my way up to putting in a dayā€™s mental-physical labor.

I get very exhausted by about 9pmā€¦I think the sedating effect of the nori kicks in and doesnā€™t help but yes I am 100 times more fatigued generally than pre-MAV. x

Yep. I thought I had some type of chronic fatigue thing, but read that its common with migraine.

Nail meet head. Itā€™s the reason for my surfing the board this evening and BAMMO there you are with the spot on post. Noticing the heavy fatigue and fighting it these days of merriment. Fatigue + ignoring it + overdoing it = TRIGGER. Yet Iā€™m doing all of the above predictably.

I know we all want the same thing for Christmasā€¦

This year I will settle for a migraine free Christmas Day. (24 hrs behind most of you lol)

Yup - exhausted most days by 6pm & Iā€™m not even working! Still, itā€™s a busy life down her by the sea! dolfnlvr you are spot on - ignoring the warning signs & then get hit (again!). Canā€™t avoid it if we try & live a halfway normal life. Still heaps better than last Chrissy. Preparing for tomorrow & trying to give myself rest breaks & nibbles to get through the day unscathed (hmmā€¦ didnā€™t count on the Skype link-up to send me dizzy after 5mins!
Will be thinking of all my friends on our forum and hoping you can all enjoy a celebration.
Barb

oh yesā€¦by the time 3pm comesā€¦i am ready for a nap, but i cannot risk it & lose sleep at night. so NO NAPS.
i have chronic insomnia too. im sure i have chronic fatigueā€¦what a lifeā€¦ :frowning:

I wake up every day dead tired. I never really wake up.
It sucks big time. I have to drag myself through the day. :frowning:
I wonder what my brain is doing while Iā€™m sleepingā€¦

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œbelgianwaffleā€

I wake up every day dead tired. I never really wake up.
It sucks big time. I have to drag myself through the day. :frowning:
I wonder what my brain is doing while Iā€™m sleepingā€¦

ā€” End quote

I feel this way too. Drs thought I had chronic fatigue before I was properly diagnosedā€¦ It feels like Iā€™m sleep walking most days, however, these days have got fewer and further between the more Iā€™m recovering, but Iā€™m going through a bad patch the last few days since Christmas and I can literally sleep days away. I fell asleep on the underground once, quite scary waking up being so disorientated. I think itā€™s just overstimulation from the mav and the brain canā€™t cope so shuts us down. Had to quit my job and have been unemployed for 2 years now, the 2 years I kept working through this illness were a living hell. Doing normal things is achievable on good days though but I always pay for it!! x

I can absolutely relate to all of the posts above; Iā€™m actually a bit amazed at how much so!

I think deep, relentless fatigue is one of the worst things to deal with. Lately, my fatigue has been at its worstā€¦Iā€™ve had to sleep at least 10 hours a night, and when I wake up in the morning I feel like I never went to sleep at all. Itā€™s painful to just get out of bed, nevermind do any kind of work (physical or mental). During the day, I do very little and have great urges to lie down or sleep. The cruel irony is that to fight fatigue takes energy, which is in such limited supply; many days, I canā€™t fight it and I just accept it. But it makes me sad that my days are often so unproductive (Iā€™m a student and lately Iā€™ve fallen almost hopelessly behind; I canā€™t keep up with the workload; Iā€™m lucky if I can sustain even 30 minutes of work a day). Maybe this is the price Iā€™m paying for pushing myself so hard during periods of (relative) wellness; I donā€™t know. :?

Itā€™s also unfortunate that most doctors are either dismissive or at a loss when it comes to fatigue :frowning: I wish they would take it more seriously, realize how debilitating and limiting it is, and be more thorough as to what might be causing it.

OK, well I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (ME) on top of the MAV. I would be interested to know how many here get the aches and pains as well as the fatigue. When you overdo it, feeling like you are going down with a virus, fluey and achy and a virusy head type feeling, convinced you will wake up with a virus the next day but then its gone. I am still wondering about the CFS diagnosis.

Christine

Christine, I get this to a certain extent and it was worse when I was working. My physio put me on a CFS course because of my fatigue. That was before I got diagnosed with MAV and they couldnā€™t understand why an inner ear disorder would make me so tired and make my neck so painful. However, I never thought I had CFS myself because my fatigue started on the same day I started feeling dizzy. I knew that CFS would not cause such severe dizziness and disequilibrium so I knew that whatever caused the dizziness was the cause of the fatigue. I know now it is migraine. I always said from day one it felt like my brain wasnā€™t working properly anymore and turns out i was right! x

Yes worse recently I have three children so Parr for the course for me but so much worse since m relapse in September I wake up feeling I have not slept proper fatigue feeling itā€™s horrible makes the dizziness worse and vice versa

Is there anything we can do to get some relief?
Iā€™ve been trying all sorts of things.
Going to the gym for ex, makes it worse. Strength area is ok but cardio is a big no no. I donā€™t feel better after gym.
Tried sleeping more, but even on days when doing ā€˜nothingā€™ Iā€™m still tired.
Walking in nature, just feel more tired afterwards.
Eating smaller portions, adapted diets etcā€¦
Iā€™m sick of it!!! :evil:

1 Like

ā€” Begin quote from ____

I would be interested to know how many here get the aches and pains as well as the fatigue. When you overdo it, feeling like you are going down with a virus, fluey and achy and a virusy head type feeling, convinced you will wake up with a virus the next day but then its gone. I am still wondering about the CFS diagnosis.

ā€” End quote

I donā€™t have thisā€“but the fatigue that steals away hours of my days, sometimes days of a weekā€“THAT I have. And it comes in ā€œspellsā€ so I sometimes wonder if my spells of fatigue arenā€™t actually migraine in and of themselves!!! I have the weirdest symptomsā€“which include the disequilibrium ā€œtipsyā€ feeling. Sometimes I can feel fine and BAMMO I feel so sick to my stomach that I feel like I could pass out and/or hurl, just out of NOWHEREā€“then I feel waves of nausea, headache (but not the ā€œclassicā€ migraine kind of headache) and exhaustion for up to two days after. Other times I feel fine, but spend up to three days where come three p.m. Iā€™m exhaustedā€“completely floored and could sleep for hours every dayā€“but otherwise feel ā€œfine.ā€

Andā€“other times I feel like the ground is moving under me even when Iā€™m standing stillā€“or like I need an alignment because my body is ā€œpulling to the left.ā€

The one chronic constant is fatigueā€“but not the achy, sick, fluey kind of fatigue that CFS people describe. I think mine is my brain being exhausted from working so hard to try to make my world ā€œnormalā€ even when it is being perceived as so loopy.

Yes, I get the fatigue that is so bad that I really have to pace myself - both in daily chores & work and in what used to be just regular errands but now require some planning - like going to Petsmart to get pet food. Big box stores really set off my symptoms and I find if I limit myself to 15 min and only 2 big box stores per errand trip then I can keep that batch of symptoms away or at least lower. If I have a doctorā€™s appt Iā€™ll try to schedule quiet days before (to shore up energy) and after (to recuperate). And I have to do this with regular housekeeping too. I was really stubborn about accepting the need for pacing and wasted a few years in trying to ignore it. Which was silly as I ended up needing a lot of down time to recover.
I am wishing you well - Molly