TMJ?? - severe dizziness

That’s MAV in a nutshell.

If I may ask how long did it take you to get back to “normal” life after you started medication? I am considering going on disability in this case since my STD finishes on 26th of December. Not sure if I make the deadline to go back to work.

I seriously considered disability in January and February. In the US that’s no easy thing given you can expect to be denied at least twice and need an attorney. I never stopped working, though I took my 40+ hour business down to 12-20 hours/week for a while there. I started Effexor in April. I felt close to 85% and able to work full time in probably July/August.

Good to know and again thank you all for your support here. This forum is amazing and so helpful to people in distress which this illness can cause. Helps keeping hope. I will keep you posted if anything changes. Almost time to take my pill! :blush:

1 Like

i kept working too, not a stellar performance but actually routine and distraction from thinking on my symptoms helped.

2 Likes

This thread just ‘popped up’ quite timely as I was thinking about somebody I used to work with years ago who had one week off with classic migraine every four weeks, running with her cycle. This had been going on since she was thirteen. Then, and I fear it was The Latest Medical Fad at that time, she was told her migraine was being caused by her jaw alignment and putting a plate in her mouth would be the cure. Despite the extended dental work, it had no beneficial effect at all! Her regular, one week out of every four, migraines continued. Helen