To All The Moms And Dads

Ok Moms and Dads out there…My 5 year old will be starting kindergarten in September and it is going to be a HUGE change in my sleep schedule…curretnly I go to bed at 10pm read till 11 or 11:30 and fall asleep and sleep till 8am…Well now I am going to have to get up at 6am and I am very overwhelmed that this will make me feel terrible…How do you guys cope with the time schedule?Oh and on top of it all I have one month to pack up my entire house and move in with my mother in law and get my daughter ready for kindergarten!!

Hey DD - Let me help - I’m a single parent!!! :shock:

First of all, sorry, but I have lots of questions -

My first question was going to be if you have any help.?? I am assuming you do, because you mentioned moving into your Mother-in-laws’s home. Sorry, but I’m assuming you have a husband also? Does he know and understand you are sick??? How many children do you have, and what ages?

Kindergarten is definitely a big transition. My “Big” crash came 5 months after my daughter started kindergarten. I was a newly single parent, and suddenly I couldn’t get out of bed, because I couldn’t stand up without holding onto the walls. I went from working 12 -15 hours a day to not being able to get out of bed. Literally. I couldn’t get myself out of bed, let alone my daughter up and off to school. It was a very dark and frightening time. I was very alone.

Do you have any help at all??? For me, the one and only thing I pushed myself to do was get her up and off to school. When she went out the door, I went back to bed, and stayed there until mid-afternoon when she got home. That in itself, was very depressing, but it was the only thing I could do. I was sick. Very sick.

Sorry, but I’ve forgotten. Are you on meds yet? If not, how come?

You need someone to fall back on right now. The only other thing I can suggest is, try and get to bed earlier (when you put them to bed) and plan on going back to bed after you get them off. If your body is telling you to rest, then rest. As much improved as I am today, I still take naps when I need them. I have found, if I don’t listen to my body, it lets me know in a big way.

Rest assured, kindergarten could be a blessing for you. It will give you a needed break during the day, even if it means getting up an hour or two earlier.

Kim

no i wont have my mother in law to fall back on we arent close and this will be the most involved she has ever been just being under one roof she never came to our wedding or any of my kids bdays…i have a daughter that is 5 and a son that is 2 so going back to bed is not an option…i am on nortriptyline for the migraines