Topamax Gave Me My Life Back

Hey Marg! Don’t worry…you will feel better once you find what works for you. But I think you do need to accept a new normal no matter what. Life isn’t the same after you get MAV but you do what you can to manage the symptoms. Once I got to this place of acceptance rather than frustration - and viewing myself like a sailboat that needs to have me guiding it like a sailor (with my supplements and lifestyle choices) then I can go along okay in the water. Otherwise, it’s like a storm in my head and literally feels like I’m on an ocean. I’m sure other people on this forum can relate to that sensation. When I’m older I might resort to meds but right now with my life plans at 30 I am trying to manage this with supplements and diet/sleep. As for magnesium, I use magnesium glcyinate (KAL brand or Drs Best brand) that works well because it’s chelated and it doesn’t cause GI problems. I try to take at least 400mg in the morning and 400mg at night with a calcium supplement in between with D3 in it. I don’t take calcium at the same time as the magnesium due to competition for absorption between the 2. B-2, CoQ10 and St Johns Wort have been the other useful ones for me. Check out Dr Weil’s migraine website and also this posting: