True spinning vertigo

I know a lot of people with MAV have the rocking sensation, I think more than have true spinning vertigo, I’ve never had spinning vertifo and it’s one of my fears to get it. Is this common to happen? I’ve had this for a year and a half and never had the spinning vertigo so should I worry about developing it now or is it pretty likely that I won’t get that? I know a lot of people on here never experience it. I’m just scared

Lots of us started this condition with true spinning vertigo that turned into 24/7 MAV with rocking, instability (i.e the symptoms you now have).

If you didn’t get true spinning vertigo at the beginning, I think your chances are pretty low of getting it, especially if you start on some meds.

Make sure to have some quick acting benzo on hand in case it does happen.

There is no point in worrying about it. I think you should relax as much as possible.

— Begin quote from "longshort"

Lots of us started this condition with true spinning vertigo that turned into 24/7 MAV with rocking, instability (i.e the symptoms you now have).

If you didn’t get true spinning vertigo at the beginning, I think your chances are pretty low of getting it, especially if you start on some meds.

Make sure to have some quick acting benzo on hand in case it does happen.

There is no point in worrying about it. I think you should relax as much as possible.

— End quote

That’s what I thought that it was mainly people go the spinning in the beginning but it was pretty rare to develop it later on unless brought on by bppv or something like that, makes me feel a lot better, thanks so much.

My whole experience of MAV began 2.5 years ago after a terrible flu-like virus. All the flu symptoms disappeared but the dizziness never left me. I haven’t experienced spinning vertigo but suffer more from visual vertigo, fuzzy/foggy head, head pressure and headaches.

— Begin quote from "dizzykylie"

My whole experience of MAV began 2.5 years ago after a terrible flu-like virus. All the flu symptoms disappeared but the dizziness never left me. I haven’t experienced spinning vertigo but suffer more from visual vertigo, fuzzy/foggy head, head pressure and headaches.

— End quote

So do symptoms of this usually stay pretty consistent? As far as nothing new or getting worse for extended periods of time?

It looks like I don’t fit the pattern described thus far. I’ve had rocking vertigo, false sense of motion, vertigo zaps etc off and on for years, including several extended episodes (months at a time) and only started getting true rotational vertigo about five months ago. I’ve had about 5 - 10 of those episodes, each one lasting several hours. It’s hell.

I don’t think we can say with any degree of accuracy what a ‘typical’ course of symptoms is. Migraine changes over time and can include a dizzying (excuse the pun) array of symptoms, many of which can occur concurrently.

It is a waste of time and energy to worry about what might happen. Enjoy the good times, try and stay healthy and deal with the bad times if and when they occur.

Vic

1 Like

My symptoms are always there but differ in severity. Stress, lack of sleep, diet and hormones are big triggers for me. I can just function when my health is at my MAV baseline but when these migraines triggers come into play my symptoms can go through the roof and result in days-weeks of debilitating headaches and dizziness. I agree with Victoria, although we all suffer from MAV are symptoms can vary. Migraine brain is so complex, I will never work it out.

Does anyone else not get spinning?

According to Dr Hain who is a top American expert on dizziness only one third of migraineurs experience true rotary vertigo. If that is so then obviously many don’t. Lots stop having it once under treatment and/on medication. Whether it would return once they stop treatment is anybody’s guess but it always pays to remember the medication is used to mask the underlying symptoms. Therefore any answers to your question would be skewed. Not quite sure what you are trying to establish but maybe amore pertinent question IMO would be ‘has anybody never ever had true Vertigo’ maybe?

1 Like

Yes that’s pretty much what I asked

I experienced the same thing, I couldnt agree more to this! Thanks for confirming.