Tv?

Since sensitiity to visual input is so very common with MAV… How many of us can actually watch TV, and to what extent?
I’m extra interested if anyone has been utterly unable to watch anything, but has become able after treatment (with what med?), and at what point (i.e. how bad/limiting were the other symptoms at the time).

Personally, I haven’t been able to watch anything since more than a year now. It’s become slightly better, moving from 2 seconds = impossible to more than a minute or so = uggh. Lets just say that I’m not exactly happy with that, even though it’s some kind of progress.

Sure, getting your life back is important, but until I have that (and while I work on that), I would at LEAST like to be able to be at home without being ultra bored!

Tranquility…like i’ve mentioned before…w/out medication i am certain i would not be able to leave the house and that goes for watching TV. I would not have a life at all.

Joe

Hi Tran ,
My husband bought a big screen Tv , and that was the end of my sitting with him watching TV, before topa. It only took about 5 minutes before I faded into a migraine.
So I bought a tiny old tv for myself, its ok.
But if it’s a fast action movie that’s out of the question,
topas made a big difference with everything.
I now prefer to read.

:mrgreen:
:smiley: jen

For the most part I am OK with watching television. I did have some major problems at first, could watch anything with fast motion, rotating, or plunging. I still have to close my eyes with fast rotational, or plunging motion but it is not nearly as extreme as it once was. Now it is uncommon that I have close my eyes. Before I could hardly bare to watch at all. My vision problems regarding TV stabilized within a few months of when my symptoms started, several years before I got an MAV diagnoses. I do believe it was a do to when I started to change my diet.

Jen,

even your smilies are creative!

I was thinking similarly to you. it doesn’t bother me one bit that i can’t watch TV, i hate it to begin with. I wouldn’t mind watching a movie once in awhile, but even that doesn’t bother me. I adore reading and i’m slowly but surely gaining that ability back which is very exciting for me.

:!:
:!:

how’d I do Jen?

How did you do that girlfriend aw

Bitch!!!

:smiley:

How’s this one Jen :?:

Jul

For me, it’s HD tv that I CANNOT watch. Our old TV, no problem. But I absolutely cannot watch HD. I, of course have not started my meds, so who knows. And for those of you who wonder why I haven’t started meds, not that anyone is, it’s because my husband travels and I wanted him around to help with the kids in case my side effects were wacky,

At any rate, I want to by up all the old tvs that aren’t high def.

Molly :roll:
:stuck_out_tongue:

Molly,

I’m sure that soon you’ll see along the road lots of regular TVs that people put out waiting for the garbage men to pick up. Isn’t February the change-over date?

Good thinking on starting your meds. What’s your first preventative? I guess I thought you were already taking one.

Julie

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :shock:

Hey Julie -

I’m about to start Topamax. I’m going to take a quarter first. I keep trying alternative treatment (acupuncture/cranial sacral) and hoping it will be the answer so that I don’t have to take drugs. But I cut the pill up tonight and am thinking of taking the plunge.

I was just going to say take a quater only , but you already said that.
go for it molly.
I think Jules is in bed.
jen :smiley:

Yes, Molly, 1/4 of a pill shouldn’t be a problem. it was no sweat for me. I had an unusually great response at four days of 1/4 of a pill = NO DIZZINESS. unfortunately it came back within a few days, not all the way back, but it was a sign of things to come.

But having said that Scott did have a bad experience at 1/4 of a pill, but if you do, just stop, it will go away.

And Jen, had a strong good experience at 1/4 of a pill, so strong that she was glad she hadn’t gone any higher right away.

i told you, Jen is a unique and dear person and we are lucky to have her. :slight_smile:

Julie

your making me sound weird jules . :mrgreen: heeee
jen

LOL !!! :shock:

Kim :wink:

Well Jen, you said it, not me :!:

Come on Jen, you tell them what happened when you took 1/4 of a 25 mg Topamax, baby dose. I dare ya :!:

your very best friend who only has your best interest in mind at all times :mrgreen:

Jul

HA!
well maybe just a lillte hey kim heee 8)

No I only tell my closest friends my secrets, ha!
pft…
:smiley:

OK my brain fog went away ,and a bit less rocking!
but nothing as good as Brain had withhis clarityn pill.
jen :mrgreen: