Types of dizziness...

Iā€™ll have to ask my sister what her mutations are. I know she got the MTHFR ones. Iā€™m pretty sure I did, too.

1 Like

Other foot, and Iā€™m not basiliar as far as Iā€™m aware, but had all this constantly for 18 months following spate of back-to-back 8 day attacks in 2014. Always assumed the foot was just trying to keep me upright as I donā€™t feel ground moving. The Propranolol stopped that I assume. The spatial disorientationā€™s never really gone away since, I donā€™t get the headaches, so far never lost consciousness, but I do totally lose the ability to stand up. And Vertigo, plenty of rotary vertigo, weeks at a time.

What a variation exists! Southern Pain article very comprehensive I thought. Touches on things not mention elsewhere.

Not too surprised but notice nobodyā€™s picked up on ā€˜White Outā€™ as yet. Am I the only one? Helen

1 Like

Whatever itā€™s called, I get it too. The esteemed Dr Surenthiran said this was a brainstem aura symptom and is obviously very familiar to many of us. Itā€™s also a nightmare. I was walking along a street the other day and generally looking round when I felt myself ā€˜goingā€™. I was almost certain I was going to faint and looked for a wall to steady myself. I had that pulling you describe and a vague dizziness as you also mention. I managed to pull myself together and get home, but of course I was shaken and all my confidence and composure had drained away, along with the inevitable and ever-present anxiety. Like you, I also thought of POTS many times in these experiences but my blood pressure is always perfect.

1 Like

Sorry love. Done that. Went all the way out a couple of times. Add mortification to the list.

An excellent detailed description of the four types of ā€˜Dizzinessā€™. Iā€™d never come across before. Also includes explanations of some of the usual balance tests carried out, ie The Romberg Test.

The article starts off with the best way to extract an exact description of the patientā€™s symptom. By asking them to describe how they feel without using the word ā€˜Dizzinessā€™. That resonates with me. Helen

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK325/

1 Like