UPDATE on treatment and some HOPE finally!

So glad to see you improving! I am now about to begin my Lyme treatment and I cannot wait to kill these bugs!! Your story is so inspiring and I am so glad we have crossed paths!

Lisa xo :slight_smile:

Great news Lisa and here’s to ongoing improvement! Keep us posted :smiley:

Lisa,

CONGRATULATIONS! :slight_smile:

Really pleased that you are seeing some improvement. Must be such a great feeling for you.

x

Lisa–

So glad you are having positive gains!!! It is wonderful that you’ve found what seems to finally be the right course of action in your case. As I’ve said many times before, I have had my own walk through Lyme ville and found it not to be my answer–as you had your walk through MAV world and found your answer to be in another area. Unfortunately, when dealing with these sorts of neurological disorders, there are MANY unknowns–and Lyme is a curious disease. Interestingly, researchers in some places find that they STILL aren’t sure if some of the treatment for Lyme is actually killing bacteria or if the antibiotics are doing something else entirely–as people with other diseases not related to Lyme have had positive reactions when on certain antibiotics as well. If it weren’t for the fact that we are so sick when we are finding ourselves researching all of this it would be absolutely FASCINATING!!!

Bottom line is this–you are feeling better–and it seems as though your treatment plan is related to your feeling better–be it the treatment for Lyme or the co-infections or both. So, keep at it, and continue to get well–that’s what we all want for one another. Good luck with the walking, better with the playing.

Can I offer one more suggestion–not Lyme related? As I’ve been dealing with my own diagnosis of MS lately I’ve come to learn that what we eat has a huge affect on our bodies. I knew that before, but when the issue is “you won’t have any more headaches or dizziness” you sometimes cheat or whatever–but when they say you may never walk again–well–no more cheating :shock:

Anyway–I’ve done a lot of research about eating to overcome or moderate the effects of MS–or other inflammatory disease (of which lyme can become one due to chronic infection). You may be interested in reading a book called the China STudy or Eating for Better Health, or (though you don’t have MS) Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis–ONLY because the suggested changes in diet may well help your neurological system heal faster along with the antibiotic treatments.

Just an idea–take it or leave it. I’m often wondering whether or not the new diet, along with the Topamax isn’t the reason for my recently MAV free life–okay, not FREE, but really really great compared to a year ago…

BB- so glad we crossed paths as well, and wishing you the best of luck.

Vic- thank you so much!

MM - thank you as well. best of luck with the testing later this month.

Dolf - thanks for your kind words and for that info. I will check it out. I agree - this is all so fascinating. I do think that those illnesses that responded to antibiotics were indeed caused by tick-borne diseases. Lyme experts are finding that tick-borne diseases are at the root of so many chronic illnesses. Also, I am so pleased to hear about you are nearly free of dizziness!!! that is wonderful!!! and, hope that dizziness will be a distant memory soon. Thanks again for the support and kind words

In keeping with what Dolf suggested, I encourage all to look at Terry Wahls’ website.

www.terrywahls.com

Remarkable story.

Congratulations on the improvement, Lisa. Great news!

Andy

dolf- why are they saying you have MS if you are responding to MAV treatment?

Sarah

Worry not. Though they may be in some way connected, the migraine/MAV and MS diagnosis were separate. I had trouble w my left arm going numb a couple of months ago and went back to neuro where they did a new MRI this time including cervical spine. They found an active immune mediated lesion or “clinically isolated syndrome”. Basically it’s myelitis but with today’s testing and knowledge they often treat this as the first attack of presumed MS. Can’t really call it MS till there are multiple lesions and thank God right now I’m not multiple. But it is treated the same and people don’t often know what “CIS” is :wink:

It was a kick in the pants and a shock to start but I’m taking the bull by the horns and doing ok. So onward and upward

dolf I am so sorry to hear this- I wish you all the best with treating this- thinking of you!

— Begin quote from “MAVLisa”

I have finally noticed some gains for the first time in 6 years!!! For the first time in 6 years, my rocking sensation is less violent, such that I can finally feel the ground.

— End quote

Great news Lisa. I’m really happy to hear this. :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from ____

I will give an update again in a few months should this be ok with Scott.

— End quote

Please do.

Scott

LIsa, great news! I have followed your posts closely on Lyme. So glad you are on the right path!

Thank you!