Update

Hi everyone,

I haven’t been on the computer much lately that is why I haven’t updated. Well…I am on day 14 of the Wellbutrin. I cannot get into Hain’s till April 30th and they haven’t been real good about helping me through this to be honest. My favorite pa there, Mark, who was awesome quit. So, I went to my family dr. on Tues. I told him how the 75mg Wellbutrin tablet was making me feel so up then down. I was still anxious and having a ton of head pressure, ear pressure, fatigue, dizziness. He took me off the tablet and put me on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg. He said it is much “smoother”, lasts 24 hours and releases slowly throughout the day. He gave me valium to take to help with the sleeping issues and fidgetiness. He said to give the Wellbutrin more time. I have noticed i am more positive, overall happier and can concentrate better. There are no side effects that i have noticed either. THANK GOD!!! My head just feels so “swimmy” and “weird”. I know it is mav. I am just waiting for it to disappear again. My dr thinks if I can get regualar sleep everynight and at least 7-8 hours and if the anxiety leaves, the dizziness may follow. That is what Hain’s office had said too. Hain said Wellbutrin will not help mav but Mark told me it does and so did his other pa, Mary. They said they use it for mav. I am a bit confused.

So, I am actually going a few places again here and there. This has been the worst 3 months of my life, well so was the time when mav first hit in '08 too. I guess in the past 2 years, I have only had 6-7 good months. My family dr has been so good to me but he is not entirely familar with mav but does anything he can to help me.

I am waking up less anxious, less shakey. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night. I think things are slowly improving. My dr said my nerves didn’t get this way overnight. He thinks everything I have been through this past year just built up…death of my mother-in-law, ongoing lawsuit against a contractor who took $50,000 from us and screwed up our house, my hubby’s whole cancer ordeal which is still ongoing. He says that triggered the mav, which triggered anxiety, which triggered depression. I think it makes sense. Plus throw in my age 35, which is peak for mav. I still remember Hain telling me that I would have this for 2-3 years due to normal hormone fluctuations. I am still holding onto that. I am close to the 2 year mark.

I know so many women that have had a 2-3 year period of feeling anxious, dizzy, fatigue that are my age or that had these symptoms at or around my age. They have all gotten better with age. Yes, i will always be a migrainer but I fully believe the symptoms change over time. Mine went from migraines to dizziness…what’s next? Hopefully years of remission!!!

Be well and God Bless all of you!!!

Nance

Hey Nance,

My dr thinks if I can get regualar sleep everynight and at least 7-8 hours and if the anxiety leaves, the dizziness may follow. That is what Hain’s office had said too.

That sounds like very good advice to me. I’m sure everything will fall back to baseline for you again before long. Just look at all of what you’ve been through over the last 6 months! :frowning: Even a non-migraineur would be hit hard with all of that.

Wishing you lots of wellness very soon.

Scott :slight_smile:

Hi Nance,

I’m glad to hear you’ve had some improvement overall. Is your minimal sleep due to insomnia or are you just too busy to sleep? For me, sleep is critical and I didn’t start to get a handle on things until I committed to at least resting for 7 hours each night even if I’m not sleeping through. Optimal for me is 7.5 hours at night with a catnap during the day, but that rarely happens. I am pretty successful at getting the 7 in though, even if it is broken with lots of crazy dreams!

Yes, I agree with your doctor on the switch to the Wellbutrin XL. I’m surprised Hain didn’t start you on that.

I’m sorry you’ve had such a rough time of it over the past year. I hope everything turns out positively for you. Don’t forget to take care of yourself, because that is the only way you will get better. Hang in there!

Marci

Hi Nance,

Wow, you really have had a rough, rough few months. I think in the normal course of events a person can “handle” a major life event but when you get hit with a whole bunch of them it’s like the brain blows a fuse. I agree with your doc who said that set off the MAV. And then, as we all know and your doc said that can set off the anxiety and then the deprssion. I reckon it can happen the other way too - get anxious and depressed, that sets of MAV. Whichever way it happens it’s a horrible cyclical mess and the fall out is huge. It may take some time but I do think things will start to settle and with the right meds in there too you should start to feel better.

All the best to you and hang in there!

Vic

Hi Nance, I am wishing you the best. Hang in there. Ben

Hey Nance, I haven’t seen you post in a while, but that may due to myself not posting often anymore either. The local doctors pretty much have given up on me, even the local arrogant ENT finally admitted that I got more going on than meniere’s and doesn’t know what to do with me. I’m currently not taking anything for my MAV and things are pretty bad. I get the occasional dizzy spell if I stay at home. If I leave the house, things just slowly go bad. My falling is beyond belief now. If you ever want to see something funny, just walk into a doctor’s office or a hospital and just fall. Collapse at the front desk, or while a nurse is walking you back or anything like that and watch the panicked looks on all of the nurses faces in the area. I can say it is funny because I do it everytime now, I have to laugh or go nuts.