Vertigo attack

Hehehe :open_mouth::grimacing::shushing_face::joy:

Vertigo has calmed down. But I’m still walking really Bent with head pressure eyes can’t focus. I’m sure it’s the meds

I hope it all calms down for you soon, how long have you been on them now for?

If it’s the meds that’s really bad luck. Very off putting. Your balance has really taken a good knocking and probably will take days to settle down back to what’s normal to you. Good news is, if it’s never happened this bad before, over six years, you must underneath have good balance so you will bounce back. And dont worry it won’t have done permanent damage. Walking differently will probably give you backache and a stiff neck but it’ll come good again.

1 Like

Just to update everyone. I was on flunarzine for 9 days. I have had 9 days of severe dizziness worse than I have before. I have decided to stop the meds. I think I need to except that meds right now are really making me much worse. I can’t do these trials anymore there too much. Flunarizine is a big flop for me!

Think it may be a good idea to give your body a break hun and then see where you are in a few months :slight_smile:

Think i need to. My brain is not responding well to all these meds.

Best thing to do is give ur body a break and the re start depending on how you feel

Be careful not to fall foul of confirmation bias - blaming the natural fluctuation of symptoms on the meds.

They definitely can make you dizzier though - 30mg of Ami made me more dizzy than 20mg so I stuck to 20mg.

I doubt meds ever stop vertigo attacks though, unfortiunately, only time will.

In any case this is all about optimising quality of life.

Meds can be transformative - turn you from miserable zombie to just a slightly uncomfortable but sometimes totally happily distracted human leading a surprisingly normal life (given the circumstances!).

Don’t give up on your search for the right treatment protocol that works for you!

It’s feels like my whole body is out of sync since flunarzine. But even without it I was still getting bad dizziness. I’m feeling shocked at how bad I feeling right now. Really feeling like no meds can help me right now.im rocking wen I’m standing, head feels incredibly heavy, I’m struggling to walk…I’m scared this won’t go and I will be stuck like this.

So was I. But it’s got better. If this wasn’t for you there are probably other things that will help.

A few members gave up on meds.

Beatles909 did and he got mostly better in any case. I’m no longer on them and have improved since I stopped a lot (but this was after 1.5 years of using them and they definitely made things much more bearable!)

Meds help you keep your sanity in the meantime though! (and who knows, may help compensation, though we don’t know that for sure)

I know the feeling. The whole body is out of sync anyways, the meds either can really make it worse or sometimes they just make it worse because it feels weird or different. Its hard to make the call if a med is helping or not.

Are there any positives you notice on flunarzine? With Verapamil, I was more lightheaded and suffering from low blood pressure (negative), but my head pressure started to come down (positive), so I stuck with it. In time, my body got used to the medication, even though there are still side effects I think.

I was scared that it would never go away too, especially after I hit the 1 year mark with nearly zero improvement. But it did get better in the second year with Verapamil and life changes and now my rocking/headaches are more episodic instead of chronic. Still sucks because I can’t seem to plan when the episodes will happen, but at least I know the trend is definitely in the right direction and its just a matter of time.

1 Like

Flunarzine make my head feel heavy with lots of pressure, severe fatigue, vertigo, sick, also stomach ache. Not one positive thing I felt on it. So verapamil seems to help a lot of people.

Uhg, yeah, that doesn’t sound like the right med for you. Shoot, hope you feel better soon.

I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this. It’s so miserable, I know. I’ve been dealing with it for 10 years & completely understand. Meds have helped keep me functional, at least most of the time. Granted, the last year has not been good & we’re looking at switching some up but they’re worth giving a try. I was on clonazepam & citalopram for several years & when that combination stopped being as effective we switched to clonazepam & Effexor. So all of that to say that meds have been the only thing that have allowed me to live even somewhat normally the last 10 years. Would I love to get off of them? YES! But I’ve finally accepted the reality that for me, I can’t right now. Maybe at some point in the future I’ll be able to do that. But not now.
Also, MAV is an illness that’s beyond your control so in no way are you a bad parent. You may need to explain it to your children so they’re not afraid if something like this happens again but don’t beat yourself up. This doesn’t make you a bad parent. Just a sick one.
Hang in there. At least for me, this seems to go in phases where it’s better or worse so hopefully very soon you’ll be back to your “normal.” Praying for you.

2 Likes

Thank you. I just wish I could find something that helps. I’m having to use clonezepam at the moment as I’m so bad