Victoria

Hey Vic,

Just wanted to say “well done” for getting off the drugs and maintaining a healthy state. Maybe you’re going to be one of the sorts that Silver talks about … years on a med and then come off and stay good. Are you still pounding the Coke Zeroes and red wine? :lol: If you are, you’re super woman and I’m jealous.

So is the weight falling off? Ripping the clothes off men in the streets with your renewed mojo? :lol:

S

That is awesome news. Just be careful though, as I came off in 07 and had a big relapse in 2008 when off meds ( not sure if its related).

Im still doing ok, but going through a rough patch myself. Just off balance and vision is all shot - maybe due to hayfever? Who knows!

Hope you are both good.

I am having a Coke Zero as I type! :lol: Although I actually rarely have them anymore, hardly any caffeine these days and almost no red wine (and if I do, just a tiny bit, like half a glass) - just not worth it.

Hey Luke! There’s various reasons I need to be off the meds right now and if I can stay in remission and off them, well, happy days. But I have had long periods of remission in the past and then been hit by long, chronic episodes of MAV so I do know it can happen again. So if I need to get back on the meds I will - life is too short to put up with chronic migraine shit. Great to hear from you but sorry that you’re in a rough patch - I hope it passes for you ASAP.

Vic

BIG UP THE VIC MASSIVE!! (in the voice of Ali G) hahaha.

Vic - long may you stay well and fighting fit and make up for lost mojo time!

I’m seeing Dr S next Weds and I’m hoping he’s going to introduce another med… The Nori has done wonders… but not done enough…

Have a wicked life girl! x

— Begin quote from “Muppo”

BIG UP THE VIC MASSIVE!! (in the voice of Ali G) hahaha.

Vic - long may you stay well and fighting fit and make up for lost mojo time!

I’m seeing Dr S next Weds and I’m hoping he’s going to introduce another med… The Nori has done wonders… but not done enough…

Have a wicked life girl! x

— End quote

For real :wink:

Hey Vic,

Glad to hear you’re doing ok without the meds. Roll on the weight loss. And roll on the men (assuming you can find some Aussie ones who are not like the ones in The Slap :lol: ). That’s roll on the men, as in bring on the men. Not literally roll on them. Although you could do that, and see what happens…

Coincidentally I’ve cut out the pizotifen, and it’s been fine dizziness-wise, although my threshold for headaches seems to have gone down a bit. I have lost 4 lb without trying at all (just cos my appetite has gone back to normal, and I am not pigging out all the time), and hope to get rid of another 10lb. I’m still taking beta blockers, but hope to reduce them a bit or cut them out even, as I’m not sure whether they are helping or not. I’d like to be med-free and see how I am, and then reassess if I need to go back on something (I’m open to that option, but want to make sure I’m not taking things when I don’t need to).

That is great news Victoria,
it’s not easy to come off prothiadon, takes time … good on you!
I’m taking mine up at the moment to 100mg as the peri has been causing some depression.
all the best and hope things stay calm for you.

Jen
xx