Vision too strong, too clear, too crisp

Generally speaking, no.

Okay thanks! Iā€™ll stick with it

Yes, I have this exact symptom and have had for 2 years now, the Ami hasnā€™t really got rid of it. Like you said, very crisp vision, like the wrong glasses prescription colours and lights super bright. Iā€™ve sort of learnt to live with it but itā€™s very annoying and a constant reminder something is wrong. Itā€™s a form of visual vertigo I think. I am hoping it will eventually fade out but itā€™s my most persistent symptom

1 Like

Itā€™s very hard to tell from such brief description and maybe Iā€™m just being pedantic but Iā€™m not so sure it is Visual Vertigo.

Visual Vertigo is vertigo brought on by something in the environment, by some sort of optic flow ie scrolling computer screens, or walking down between two fully stacked supermarket shelves which appear to be flowing past, the result being actual vertigo, nausea, motion sickness type feelings which should pass/reduce once you remove from that environment. Watching water flow either in nature or on the TV. Iā€™ve had it sitting out a thundery downpour in a stationery car. The water flowing down the windscreen causes violent nausea. Very crisp, could I call it ā€˜unrealā€™ vision sounds much more like ā€˜derealisationā€™ to me. As does ā€˜wrong prescription glassesā€™. ā€˜Lights super brightā€™ could be photophobia possibly but Iā€™d love more detail before I could compare it to my own experience.

Ami has the reputation for being brilliant at controlling photophobia and visual vertigo. Thereā€™s been papers written about it but derealisation? Iā€™ve not come across any drug thatā€™s been proven there. In fact thereā€™s not much out there about derealisation at all that Iā€™ve noticed. Helen

1 Like

Mine isnā€™t really derealization? I think itā€™s more a types of visual vertigo. If Iā€™m around too many ppl or in a super market it kinda triggers it. I hope Ami can take care of it. I increased to 30mg yesterday

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry youā€™re dealing with it as well. Maybe you should try a different medication? How long have you been on it? I heard visual stuff is usually the last to go anyway so itā€™ll take time.

1 Like

May I ask you @Sid_belle123 @jess38 do you feel like your eyes/vision is a bit messy when you move your eyes or head? You know like you dont controll them well.

2 Likes

Depends on the individual. The constant imbalance usually persists longest.

Sometimes, mine is mostly triggered by my environment. Not really by head movements. Eye movements sometimes

Okay makes sense. Iā€™m no longer dizzy anymore really itā€™s mostly an eye issue I have now. Vision is just off

1 Like

Yeah, I know this one well. Mine is both technicolor and 2d at the same time like a slightly quivering surrealist painting. Nausea is always itā€™s companion as well as disequilibrium and deep sense of being ā€˜offā€™.

1 Like

Hi flutters,
Is your symptom still present. The vision issue? I noticed though I feel better outside than inside?

I did, went away with effexor

On what dose are you?

Yes, frequently but not always. Itā€™s a matter of thresholds. For me itā€™s an indication I need to practice self care, immediately lower triggers and get back to a calmer mental and metabolic state. It was better when I was medicated.

Nothing has ever helped the visual snow but Effexor reduced the halos, refraction, trailing images, etc. The majority of the time my vision is just blurred static with a background of whatever Iā€™m looking at.

Inside or outside depends more on whether the environment is visually noisy or if Iā€™m looking at a screen. I have waves of dizzy nausea with my vision freaking out, then Iā€™ll be ok. When that happens I know the timer is ticking and I need to remove myself to a visually and physically quiet environment.

1 Like

Did your visual overload go away too? I just saw my neurologist today and she believes itā€™ll subside once I reach 40mg of Ami. Currently on 30 and gonna stay on it for a little while

1 Like

I see, I have a threshold as well. About to start PA school in 3 weeks so Iā€™m kind of anxious about it and the visual overload. Having a disabilities form signed so I have extra time on exams and assignments. Hopefully my medication kicks in by then

1 Like

I hope so, too. Good luck!

I have had the visual vertigo Helen describes too but Ami has helped alot with stabilising my vision and the dizziness it caused particularly in supermarkets and places with high visual stimulation. This crisp wrong glasses vision does seem to be separate from the dizziness aspect which is mostly better. I do this itā€™s caused mostly by photophobia because bright colours and lights can make me feel nauseous and reflective street signs look distorted. I did have the unstable vision Kon but itā€™s resolved over the 2 years and head movements donā€™t seem to be a problem anymore. I have been on Ami for 4 months at 30mg, it has helped alot but like the neurologist said it takes time.

1 Like

This unstable vision and all this ā€œwobblyā€ stuff is my main reason for my dizziness I believe. Itā€™s the only symptom I have that stayed the same after starting the medication. It causes me a lot of anxiety. So now you have your normal vision back like you were before MAV?

1 Like