Welcome Wackyworld and Fizzixgal

Just read your stories and glad to have you on board. Let’s hope you can find some new information here to steer yourselves out of this mess or at least achieve much better management. Ask any Qs you like. There’s plenty of great members here with tons of knowledge.

Cheers … Scott 8)

Welcome to both of you. Sorry you have to be here and be ill. I’m going through a rough time right now and can relate to both of your stories - especially all the stuff that causes anxiety.

It’s so hard dealing with this. I hope you both find answers and get something that helps you. I have been sick a very long time and am super drug sensitive which sure as heck doesn’t help.

Wanted to say welcome

Chris

Chris, I was thinking about you after my appt yesterday. Is there any way you can take a few weeks off to focus on trialling a med? You may have to white-knuckle it for the first week or so but according to Granot, this dies down as the benefits rise over time – i.e. you won’t feel ill or will feel a hell of a lot better. You have to try something or this will simply go on indefinitely.

Scott

p.s. who’s in your avatar?

— Begin quote from “scott”

p.s. who’s in your avatar?

— End quote

You frequent Clinique counters and now you’re intrigued by Jonathan Rhys-Myers. What kind of meds have you been taking?

:lol:

I thought it was her son! Who the hell is Jonathan Rhys-Myers and how did you spot it on a thumb nail pic? :lol:

— Begin quote from “scott”

:lol: :lol:

I thought it was her son! Who the hell is Jonathan Rhys-Myers and how did you spot it on a thumb nail pic? :lol:

— End quote

A so-so actor (and a bit of a wanker) - was in the film with Keira Knightly and the girls’ soccer team, played Elvis in something and was in one of the latter (bad) Woody Allen films where Scarlet Johanson plays the Woody Allen character.

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

A so-so actor (and a bit of a wanker) - was in the film with Keira Knightly and the girls’ soccer team, played Elvis in something and was in one of the latter (bad) Woody Allen films where Scarlet Johanson plays the Woody Allen character.

— End quote

and is king henry in the tudors…

THE most ridiculous Henry VIII ever on screen, whose Oirish accent comes out when he’s angry, who hasn’t put on an ounce of weight even though he’s now on wife no. 6 (in the UK it’s showing now), and has barely aged, and also gives King Hal a bizarre campness (which I kind of like). He gets drunk a lot on planes (JRM not King Henry).

Anyway, welcome to Wacky and Fizzi. Wacky I agree with you - clonazepam (Klonopin) is calming and if taken in the morning I find it sort of focusses my brain away from the dizzies and actually makes me more alert. But also, paradoxically, if taken in the evening can make me fall asleep. I’ve just started Lyrica (pregabalin) - only on week one. It’s supposed to be a bit similar to the benzos in its effects (not its chemistry and mode of action) in that it calms the hyperexcitable brainstem down. Not sure it’s quite doing all that yet for me though, so clonazepam still helps. But early days.

Dizzy Izzy xx

Oh I thought it was Chris herself :oops:

Maybe Chris is really Johnathan Rhys-Myers and you have just called her a wanker :shock:

Christine

OMG, I must be extremely thick.

I’ve just twigged - Chris’s name ‘iwantjrm’ - means ‘I want Jonathan Rhys Myers’!!!

Well he is kind of sexy in a beautiful androgynous way. I’ve always gone for slightly camp blokes myself. But everything I read about him puts me off, even though he’s not a bad actor (Henry’s accent excepted).

D-I xx

— Begin quote from “dizzyizzy”

OMG, I must be extremely thick.

I’ve just twigged - Chris’s name ‘iwantjrm’ - means ‘I want Jonathan Rhys Myers’!!!

— End quote

nope, not just you - I’m smacking my head and going D’OH as well :slight_smile:

I Googled the guy and he looks like the dude who was in “Bend it Like Beckham”. S