The Migraine Associated Vertigo Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

What are your thoughts?

Hey guys I’m new here, I’m just wondering what everyone thoughts are and seeing if anyone presents with someone the same symptoms as me. I am undiagnosed waiting for my doctors appointment. ( I’ve been experiencing these feelings since childhood on and off of course so I have been to many doctors and no one can seem to figure it out) being in the car for me makes things not so good I start to feel like me and the car is moving way faster than we are I panic get hot my palms and feet sweat and I get tingles in my feet sometimes, I can’t go out an enjoy doing things because once I am in the car I feel crappy and once I get out of the car I still feel Like I am moving a bit it’s so had to describe because I nothing looks or feels like it’s moving just how I feel. Even when I am at home just relaxing I feel this feeling, I couldn’t leave the house yesterday because I felt like this and Even in my dreams I feel this way. I am not really able to eat because the feeling I have just makes me not hungry even if I haven’t eaten all day. When I close my eyes to sleep at night I get a weird sensation like my eyes are moving but they aren’t so that makes me feel like I am moving back and forth. Again I am just looking to see if anyone presents with some of these symptoms, I am starting to feel very helpless!

1 Like

Dizziness, motion sickness, a sense of movement when you are still, involuntary eye movements that make you dizzy (it’s called nystagmus) are all VM symptoms. But they are also symptoms of other vestibular disorders. So, I suggest you need to see a neurologist, neuro-otologist or ENT that is familiar with VM.

While you’re waiting, read all the wikis on this site. Search your symptoms with the site’s search feature. In short, get educated. You’ll find a huge amount of information here and that can provide its own comfort.

Good luck and welcome.

3 Likes

Hello Krem,

You are not alone, we are all here to help each other. I have exactly the same symptoms. When I close my eyes I get bad vertigo. Also i cant drive or ride a car, i feel dizzy in the car and after also (cannot walk properly). Many doctors diagnose me with Menieres and infection in the inner ear. Only 1 neurology diagnose me with MAV. Currently under medication and i hope it will work well and help me. Its really not easy journey. I lost many things in my life. I was full of power and i love my work alot but unfortunately, i lost my job. By end of this month i will complete one year with this illness i was very sad, upset and disappointed and i still feel the same but now i have faith that this happened for a reason and i will have something better in my life… please stay positive. Wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Hope, I’ve been there. All of it. Find a grief counselor who has worked with chronic illness. If you can’t afford one, there are often free services or, if you have faith, the church/synagogue/mosque/temple often has someone you can talk to.

1 Like

Krem,
I can commiserate with the lingering movement after a car ride. For a year (before dx and medication) I would drive to work and have to sit in my car for 15 minutes to allow my body to “settle”. Rarely did it ever completely work but took the edge off anyway. I also had / have the rocking in bed. This is one thing that still lingers, although to a lesser degree after a year and 2 months of medication. You mention an upcoming Drs appt; what type of Dr are you seeing? Hang in there! With proper care… this beast can be tamed and you can get your life back.

2 Likes

I have seen in the past regular doctors, I have seen a neurologist, I have seen an ENT, Psychologist! I am going this month to see a Psychiatrist. What have you been diagnosed with?

1 Like

Vestibular Migraine by my Otolaryngologist, now seeing a neurologist for maintenance. Was misdiagnosed by my primary Dr and an ENT but now I know that many Drs just don’t know of Vestibular Migraine. This new neurologist I’m seeing does specialize in migraine and I think that’s important to note.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences here guys. They are all informative.

2 Likes