What has been your most effective MAV treatment?

So it made your head pain worse as well. Have you noticed this with other SSRIs? I tried Seroxat and had the same reaction. I dont get horrendous migraine with the older anti depressents, eg. Amitryptiline. Now I am wondering what would happen with Cymbalta or Effexor, the SNRIs, I still have the Cymbalta in the drawer to try if I want.

Christine

Hi Christine,

Yes, it caused me to have a lot of head pain, made neck pain an almost daily occurence (I used to waste $$ seeing a chiro about it not realising it was drug-related) and caused me to develop much worse headaches after showers. My scalp was much more sensitive and reactive and I’d get muscle aches and pains. The short time I was on Lexapro seemed to cause the same thing. Paxil does not do this, but unfortunately, if I increase the dose too much it turns me into an emotional wreck.

Scott

For me, avoiding triggers goes without saying. High sodium, caffeine, MSG, processed foods = avoided as much as I can. Then there are the unavoidable triggers such as fluorescent lighting (should be against the law, imo), stress (husband out of work, teenage son, pre-teen daughter and two boys in the military…c’mon now), church (noisy places/music, talking crowds)…

That’s why I clicked on Ritalin. When total avoidance of triggers wasn’t possible, Ritalin put a lid on about 80% of the dizziness. Hopefully, it’ll keep it all at bay while my body works at compensating for my vestibular loss, which is messing with my MAV.

Now if we can only deal with the pain…