What is migraine?

What is migraine? Is it blood vessels dilating because of inflammation (first constricting) causing pressure on nearby tissue?

How would someone explain 24/7 mav?

Hi Mikael,

Have a look at this recent presentation by Hain that explains this:

dizziness-and-balance.com/cv … 202008.pdf

Our “migraine brains” are plagued by hyperexcitability.

Scott 8)

Okay, I am right there with you. I have spent hours upon hours reading books and researching the net about migraines and MAV. I know all about migraines; disease, causes, physiology, triggers, threshold, diet, meds, yada yada yada. I really DON"T understand how the two are inter-related other than on some neurological level! My MAV is 24/7 to one degree or another, it does not seem to be impacted by diet or meds or anything else I do for my migraines. :?

What about it is a pain in the butt or rather just a pain… :mrgreen:

— Begin quote from “9kidsus”

Okay, I am right there with you. I have spent hours upon hours reading books and researching the net about migraines and MAV. I know all about migraines; disease, causes, physiology, triggers, threshold, diet, meds, yada yada yada. I really DON"T understand how the two are inter-related other than on some neurological level! My MAV is 24/7 to one degree or another, it does not seem to be impacted by diet or meds or anything else I do for my migraines. :?

— End quote

This is something Dr. Hain could explain better to you.