What made you happy today?

I have a large-ish backyard and the sunflowers attract King Parrot birds. They help me to do the propagation. So I have sunflowers popping up in unexpected places.

2 Likes

Wow! King Parrot birdā€™s are gorgeous. Our prettiest bird that visits our backyard is either the Northern Cardinal or Blue Jays. We have an occasional Cooperā€™s Hawk, but they are beautiful in a whole different way. But, we have nothing to compete with a King Parrot.

1 Like

Yes!

Tbh, bees on anything make me happy, but that sunflower is particularly beautiful. My lawn can sometimes have up to 3 different species of bee buzzing around at one time. (Bee diversity is really important apparently!). A bit about Wild bees in UK.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been under my 200 pound weight goal for two months now. Thatā€™s 90.7 Kilos for our metric friends. Iā€™m eating regular every day foods and the only HMR foods I still use are the shakes. I use two to three of those a day mixed with fruit and sometimes sugar free instant pudding. This morning I weighed in at 193 pounds/87.5 Kilos. Thatā€™s a number I havenā€™t seen since I was 22 years old. Iā€™ll be 70 in March.

I think Iā€™ve uploaded before and after photos before, but Iā€™m going to put them here so you will have a point of reference. If I can just get rid of that tummy fat now, Iā€™ll be a happy camper.

Remember that I started at 287 pounds/130 Kilos.

Before

After

Iā€™ve emptied out my closet and given all my old clothes to AMVETS. now Iā€™m buying new clothes to fit the new Dad Bod. I did find some old clothes from way back that fit. I canā€™t imagine they are 50 years old, but they must be. See, it does pay to never throw anything away.

2 Likes

The sunflower I posted a while ago has developed nice kernels. And the Yellow Crested Cockatoo is enjoying them:

3 Likes

Your weight loss is fantastic.Your flowers and the attendant wildlife look awesome.

1 Like

I felt very dizzy today from the get go, but I was still able to go eat dinner with my husband for valentines!! I am very grateful I have someone so supportive and making small changes to try to do some ā€œNormal things in lifeā€

2 Likes