What to take

What do you take for MAV? will the regular pain killers help? I think I have it, I feel the headache everyday, dizziness, off balance, etc… I was diagnosed with menieres dissease but honestly the symtoms are the same…I think I have both so I feel miserable!!! I’m not taking anything for the headache…any suggestions?

Hello, I’m pretty new to this MAV thing myself even though I have had symptoms for three years. I recently got diagnosed by a neurologist with MAV. If I could recommend anything it would be to see a neurologist or neurotologist or even an ENT to start you off by sending you to a vestibular lab to rule things out. Also, read the book “Heal Your Headache”. Good luck.

Hi there,

I was diagnosed with menieres dissease but honestly the symtoms are the same

Have you got any progressive hearing loss occurring?

Best … Scott

I have a headache every day at some point. It isn’t bad like a migraine, feels more like a “car-sick” headache. I take Ibuprofen which seems to help more than aspirin.

— Begin quote from "scott"

Hi there,

Have you got any progressive hearing loss occurring?

Best … Scott

— End quote

Scott , I have very bad hearing loss in right ear, I also feel fullness constant dizziness like motion sickness which fluctuates and rotational vertigo every once in a while… :frowning: very weird…I came with thinking MAV after doing research since the doctors don’t even mention it.