What was your FIRST Symptom?

— Begin quote from “joseph0952”

Marci…i agree…most of us (not all) seems like the condition came on gradually. Whenever i would have a vertigo episode i made an excuse for it…that maybe it was the food i ate while dining out or something just did not agree with me…or a bug. But always mended back to Normal in 3 days…back to work…felt normal. Never thought that in a couple more years all of this was going to go chronic and turn into years of agony! If I could have only saw the Big Picture!

Joe

— End quote

Maybe it’s better that you didn’t see it coming. If you had, you would have been miserable at the thought of what was to come. As we all know, there are diet and lifestyle changes we can make to improve our symptoms, but I don’t know if there is anything any of us could have done to prevent it altogether. I never thought I would wish I could have those periodic episodes back again, but I would do just about anything to feel 100% normal for a while.

As far as symptoms go…i have used the word Tension to describe one of my symptoms quite a bit but the other day i thought “Strained” would be another word. Inside the head feels very strained where i can’t think very clearly and it’s hard to concentrate. Also with this condition my head sometimes feels a little heavyish. Anyone have these symptoms?

Joe

As far as symptoms go…i have used the word Tension to describe one of my symptoms quite a bit but the other day i thought “Strained” would be another word. Inside the head feels very strained where i can’t think very clearly and it’s hard to concentrate. Also with this condition my head sometimes feels a little heavyish. Anyone have these symptoms?

Joe

— End quote

Joe - I have these symptoms all the time. Some days I am able concentrate better than others. This past week I have been feeling the best I have felt in a long time. However, my memory still stinks. I am saying the wrong words and interpreting things that I see or hear the wrong way at first. I know when it happens, but it takes a few moments to clear it up in my head. The heaviness/tension/strain never goes away anymore. It doesn’t hurt, it is just annoying.

Joe

— End quote

Joe,

This sounds a lot like what other people call brain fog. Simply put, it’s like your brain is in a fog, and all thinking becomes difficult, or strained. I work an R&D type job where I have to think all day, and when this symptom kicks in, it gets very difficult to function. I can do it, but I have work very hard at it. It’s kind of like 2 + 2 = … oh, I know that one, … give me a moment, … uhhhh… 4! Now why was I adding 2 + 2?

Does this sound about right?

— Begin quote from “Brian B”

This sounds a lot like what other people call brain fog. Simply put, it’s like your brain is in a fog, and all thinking becomes difficult, or strained. I work an R&D type job where I have to think all day, and when this symptom kicks in, it gets very difficult to function. I can do it, but I have work very hard at it. It’s kind of like 2 + 2 = … oh, I know that one, … give me a moment, … uhhhh… 4! Now why was I adding 2 + 2?

Does this sound about right?

— End quote

:lol:

I have been suffering from migraines for about 25 years since I was a young teen. My first symptom was the aura - spotty vision for me, followed by a headache behind my eyes. Up until June 2008, this was my “normal” pattern and I typically would get one about every month or two, usually preceded by stress and lack of sleep. They were easily managed with 2-3 advil and some rest in a dark room. This past June, however, I woke up with what I thought was a migraine although I was weaker and much more tired than usual. It lasted about 2 days but left me with a foggy head feeling and my vision seemed off. The following week I got the visual aura but no headache. I continued with the foggy head and odd vision and then around the 4th of July I began to have constant lightheadedness, which became worse with any movement or activity. I would get a headache once in a while but the main problem was the lightheadedness and weakness/fatigue. Now I am essentially in a constant state of lightheadedness that is exacerbated by activity and movement and I have vision difficulies, as if my eyes are not working together. I hope to get my life back soon!

Marci and Brian…i’m scratching my head at the moment?? I’m not sure you guys understood some of what i was saying. If i don’t take my medication the inside of my head tenses up inside…with motion and does not feel relaxed at all 24/7 plus it’s hard to concentrate and retain. But i do take one tab of medication daily so the inside of my head feels more relaxed and a little less tense with a little less motion…but i still have the motion and tenseness and unrelaxed feeling in my head but i’m able to retain better. Like i said…this is 24/7. But with the medication i can atleast carry on a part-time job, go to a movie and do various other things.

It’s kind of like my head always feels a little Squeezed inside.

Joe

It’s kind of like my head always feels a little Squeezed inside.

— End quote

Sorry, Joe. :oops: That part is different from what I experience. My tension feels like it is on the outside of my skull. It is like something is trying to compress my head. This never goes away, it is just worse at times. The brain fog I experience doesn’t seem to be directly related to the tension I feel. I think of them as two separate symptoms.

Marci…as far as the brain fog…i agree with you that it is separate. If i don’t get enough sleep then the following morning i will have some brain fog and can’t think too clearly. But i have the Silent Migraine type…so basically i’m having a bad headache (without pain) which includes…a pultzing, tension, and motion and much of it is inside the head. The tension is in and around the temples…more on the right hand side. Even with a run of the mill headache i feel throbbing + Tension in my head, don.t you?

Joe