Www.vertigoandneurology.com.au

Dear All

I was wondering if any of you have been to this North Shore Vertigo and Neurology clinic in Sydney? I am thinking about trying it out wanted to hear others with any experience with them? I have heard many good things about Dr Granot and Dr Halmagyi but not this North Shore clinic

Thanks
Nabeel

Thanks for the link Nabeel. I hadn’t heard of that place. Definitely looks like it’s worth a visit.

This was somewhat amusing:

Migrainous vertigo
Typically these patients are women aged 20-55, who have a history of migraine headaches in the past, and who experience attacks of dizziness and nausea without other brain or ear symptoms. The condition responds to treatment with migraine preventive medications.

Don’t think I buy that one. I’d say the dizzy men probably don’t get treated as much, as in they don’t show up. Migraine is more prevalent in women but not that much.

Anyway, let us know if you check it out.

S :slight_smile:

The unfortunate thing about statements like that is there’s a slight chance that it might discourage the patients who aren’t “typical.” It’s fine for all the typical ones who identify with it and say, “yeah, that’s me!!” But the minority folks might, as you suggest, stay away and not even attempt to get treatment.

At my most recent neurologist appointment, he told me in passing that he was a migraineur. My husband is too.

Let’s hear it for the boys. :mrgreen:

Hi Nabeel,

I have no personal experience with this clinic however we did have someone fairly recently post very positive feedback about Dr Cremer at this clinic. If you do a search on the forum for ‘Cremer’ I’m sure you’ll find it. I am also pretty sure I’ve ready paper(s) he’s co-authored with Prof Halmagyi which is a pretty good sign.

Let us know how you go!

Vic

Apparently these guys charge 500 big ones for the first consult!

— Begin quote from “scott”

— End quote

Wow! For that sort of money you’d want your prescription printed on gold leaf parchment and a limousine to pick you up and drop you home.

Apparently Cremer worked together with Halmagyi at the RPA and is now in Royal North Shore Hospital and a director of this Neuro clinic in St Leonards

— Begin quote from “scott”

— End quote

Oh

My

and I thought Waterston was expensive!