Young with MAV

When all of this started I did throw up but no not really I usually have head pressure like a vise and it feels like I’m always on a boat rocking side to side. It used to be really bad but now not as bad. I’ve always worked out so I know it’s never caused my migraines I feel like when I do workout though now it helps right after for a bit then everything comes right back

I feel for me this was stress related

Let’s put it this way. It was so bad I could not watch TV with feeling sick
And that was almost a year ago

Hmm thats interesting. for me theres no way i can do high intensity exercises like running and sit ups. I used to be able to do 150 consecutive but i couldnt do that now. & do you have any problems getting up from a chair? Like for me when i stand up i get excruiating pain in my head like a small migraine and theni get very faint like i might pass out. Its gottsn better but still happens. Or like are stairs a problem for you?

You mean like sitting for a period time made you sick also?

Yeah symptoms do seem to amplify with stress.

My symptoms aren’t as bad when sitting. But if I get up to fast from a chair I get light headed. But no I don’t have pain with my migraine. Just a tight head all day and tingling sensations in my face every now and then it’s literally changes day to day lol

So like motion on a TV would get me sick when this all happened. Anything moving. As a hockey fan I couldn’t watch my favorite sport bc of this. But now I can. But if I were to go to a hockey game live in person with everyone around me and trying to watch the game makes things pretty bad

As an example. I’ve had every test done. I had nystagmus. And an mri was clear

what if you get up from a chair even at a normal or slow pace Do you still get light headedn & oh you have tension headaches like with brain fog and tightness? I used to have a tension headache all day every day then like 3-4 migraines every day now i dont have as many tension headaches but my migraines are less frequent but 3-5 times more painful. & ohhh i see what you mean. I usually get like that when things spin but sitting or standing for too long makes me feel nauseas, gives me the tension and fog.

But thats really good that your able to watch sports now. Whose your team?

No i dont some times even when i get up fast i dont get light headed it just depends i guess lol. Exactly. Brain fog to the MAX. Couldn’t focus at all

LA kings. You ? If u watch hockey lol

Awh lucky. Do you have any problems bending over? & agh yeah i hate brain fog its the worst. & im more of a football fan but when i do watch hockey its for the Chicago Blackhawks.

Bending over is like all the blood rushing to my head a feels weird hard to explain. Football team?

Ooh same, i know what you mean with me it comes with excruiating pain does that happen to you too? & Broncos

No pain at all.

Ahh luckyyy! I find myself having to get in really awkwsrd positions in order to get something with slightly less pain. Or using one of those robot grabby arm thingies.

Mine started last july. One day my face around my cheeks and nose just got all numb then I became dizzy. I don’t spin, but it’s like I just got off a roller coaster type feeling. Maybe a little spinny but more just pain dizzy. Driving, grocery stores, anything with movement makes it worse. The facial numbness sucks. I don’t really get headaches. Just the dizzyness and the numbness. It’s been like this for almost a year. I can exercise run, lift weights ect, it’s just not the most pleasant. The worst part is that everyone thinks it’s not so bad because I look healthy. I have just been manning it out too. But sometimes it’s hard. I’d rather loose a leg and have a fake leg rather than be dizzy like this. I can’t ride motorcycles or dirtbike anymore. I am on verapamil 120 but it’s not really helping so far. I just started nortriptyline too, low dose 5mg. I also have klonopin and ativan as they are supposed to be the best drug for dizzyness however I really don’t like taking them, they just make me sleepy.

I live in Pittsburgh and the doctor I see for this is supposed to be the best in the country. My mri was clear. My vestibular tests were very very bad.

He said these are the best medications to try. This is doctor Furman read about him.

Treatment Options for Vestibular Migraine

Avoid dietary and other trigger
Treat underlying migraine phenomenon

• Antidepressants (e.g., TCAs such as amitriptyline 50-100
mg/day or SSRIs such as sertraline 25-75 mg/day)
• Beta blockers (e.g., propranolol 80-320 mg/day)
• Calcium channel blockers (e.g., verapamil 80-120
mg/day)
• Triptans
• Anticonvulsants (e.g., topiramate 25-200 mg/day or
valproic acid 250-1000 mg/day)
Treat movement-associated disequilibrium
• Vestibular rehabilitation therapy

Treat space and motion discomfort
• Clonazepam (0.25-0.5 mg/day) or ativan

How bad are the side effects with topomax? They wanted me to take that but I heard bad things.

I know exactly how you feel. Everybody thinks your good but your not lol. Funny you say motorcycles and dirt bikes. Cause I do both. Motorcycle is just a pain with a full face with already enough head pressure. Still do it though I used to feel a lot of numbness on my face and down my arm. Topamax was a little rough but not as bad as everyone makes it to be at least for me. Barely any side effects

I had trouble with gaze on the testing and tracking

Also I took Valium once this all happened and it knocked everything out for about an hour and a half ?

Do u guys have high systolic BP ? If u ever checked ur blood pressure lately ?