Meniere's Disease & MAV Diagnoses, Anyone Else?

So it’s been almost year for me with a Meniere’s diagnoses, complete hearing loss in 1 ear and the vertigo is back again and worse than ever. I’ve very diligent with my diet for MD, but now I’m also being told I have MAV because I have a history of migraines. I also take 100 mgs daily of Topamax. The nausea and vertigo is just too much. It’s weekly right now and working (getting caught somewhere by myself because I am debilitated is just so scary for me). My attacks last at least 2 hours and are prolonged in the days. I’ve read about the MAV diet and honestly I don’t know where to begin to pull together an eating plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think dinners would be the easiest for someone who works. Any help on where to start would be so much appreciated. Thank you.

You should give antivirals a try, a lot of people respond well to it for Meniere’s specifically. There is a forum menieres do.t org , go check out the info on antivirals or ask questions, that may stop your vertigo attacks.

Thank you zeal. I’ll go check it out.

You’re welcome Tenney.

Hi we are in limbo , very stressed and don’t know if its meniers or MAV… its a terrible life to live …