2020 the worst year ever ! Undiagnosed; HELP

Hi Guys,

Iv been dealing with VM for the past year and have been taking zero meds for it. Just taking your simple supplements docs like to write you off and shoo you away with. I am at my wits end and never wanted to go the med route but changing my mind at this point. Finally found a nuero who wants to start me on a treatment plan.

First wants me on a course of demaxthasone for a week (says it will help to reset you). I think this is a steroid, reduces inflammation.

Then wants me in nortriptyline 25mg once every night.

Question have any others been on nort and had success? any bad side effects?

Thx

1 Like

Try to use search. Nort is very popular. See:

Also please keep to your intro topic or create a Personal Diaries :open_book: for personal updates.

Be aware your question will not attract responses from a fair representation of sufferers because those whoā€™ve recovered on Nort will probably not be logging in anymore.

Glad youā€™ve got a good plan! Best of luck with it.

2 Likes

Rock on,
I donā€™t think the majority of us wanted to go on medication. As a matter of fact, most of us consider ourselves to be quite med-sensitive; so we fear medication so much we shy away from it.

In my case, I had a year of hell because I was undiagnosed and flailing around looking for help. Once I found help and a treatment plan, I was terrified of medication for fear it may actually make me worse.
In retrospect, my regret is that I didnā€™t start sooner. I could have gotten well sooner.

Nort is one of the two medications I currently take that has been so good to me. I take Nort along with Topomax but Nort alone a year and it is a great medication for VM. I personally like the idea of the steroid first. I took a short round of low dose steroids for a sinus infection during my chronic undiagnosed year and nearly felt normalā€¦ it was amazing! Of course, no one knew what was really wrong with me at that time but it was the best 2 weeks I had of that entire year no doubt.

Keep us updated!

6 Likes

I too have been on nortriptyline, with Dr Hainā€™s help, and have been virtually fine and certainly rid of the violent episodes since November 2020. I feel like a new person since I now can proceed with life without wondering am I dizzy? Am I going to throw up? Crawl across the floor because I canā€™t stabilize anything visually to walk?

I take 30 mg nortriptyline and Dr Hainā€™s recommendation of magnesium, coenzyme, B2 or riboflavin, B12 and D3.

I suffered for more than 20 years. Donā€™t give upā€¦your health and peace of mind is so important! Best of luck.

5 Likes

Wow Joan that is really inspiring.

2 Likes

So does it mean you are still taking meds? Did you observe any side effects? Iā€™m quite scared to take medsā€¦

This is @ROCK_ON introduction thread. Please PM @Joan for further information instead.